Note to New Members ×

Silver Mountain 10/11

Steve Prokopiw

What a super Silver Saturday!! 16 inches of super fun!! It was great to see Steve and Russ. A very grateful thank you to Steve for letting me borrow a binding after I broke a heel bale. Thank you very much Steve!

Sounds like another Silver Saturday is headed our way next week! 12 or more inches and the Whitefish boys will gladly come back!

Cheers, dredman

Dred, John,Tanya and Russ Great to see all of you guys too! It's snowing up there as I write this so the 12" requirement for next week is off to a good start.Raining here like it does everyday in Osburn of course;not really a complaint considering what the rest of the world is experiencing,just pumpin the vitamin D and bouncing on the trampoline in the rain with the boys to adapt:) It's looking up though;only supposed to rain twice this week;first for three days and then for four days.

I've got to say that the few sunny days we had this foggy/cloudy season were super sweet.Makes me wonder if those who live in sunny warm climes really feel as good in their everyday sun as we do in our once a week sun...

• 2 weeks later...

To anyone I had made think Silver will be open Saturday;my apologies.It seems that even though the forcast is usually wrong,tey are expecting rain and will not be open.Bummer.I can pretty much bet that it will be sunny at least half the day,but the the inland skiers/riders are a fickle bunch and generally don't go outside if it's cloudy or not within a certain 10 degree temp range.I can understand that management would make this decision based on the fact that if people don't come the bar won't be selling much beer likethey do in the middle of winter during crappy weather.Only the local diehards will show if the weather is not perfect.BUMMER!

That just leaves Sunshine Village across the border, but that's a 5 hour drive for me, and expensive. Guess I'll just hike locally. Conditions have been good over here in Montucky land. Been getting a high percentage of really nice runs lately; just not a high count.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here's a revision of the last Silver mountain Sundays video with some new clips added and a couple of others removed.I like this version better if I do say so myself...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/60A05LdA7ZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>