Note to New Members ×

Coiler Violator 188! Need a Free bee , please help with topsheet design

Shred Gruumer

Guest veijari

Hi Shred, I'm doing something like that for living. I could give it a try, but you know, there will be problems with copyrights, if we use those Rammstein pictures. But I'll try to reach the spirit - just tell me, do you want Rammstein-spirit or that bloody-violent-aggressive-scary-mf-spirit :D

I'll try to get back to you with something during this weekend.

Cheers,

Jussi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shred, you familiar with deviantart.com ? actually, i would very much love to have an artwork done by simon bisley of heavy-metal.net on my custom board. shucks, it may be too late to specify the top sheet for this madd 158's that coming.

This is what I would like --

bizmermaid.jpg

or

fallenangel.jpg

or

guardofthegate.jpg

I like what I see.. but I need the font and the coiler logo along with the "Design by Shred Gruumer" laid out like in the sample posted.. Image can be evil as hell! Im just demented.. but you all ready knew that!

Hmm this is a real snowboard post I started.. what the hell is wrong with me:confused:

post-186-14184219914_thumb.jpg

I like those two:

http://simplythebest.net/fonts/horror_fonts.html

and

http://www.acidfonts.com/horrorfonts1.htm

In the first posted link, I like hellraiser, misfits, tribal and zombified fonts.

In the second posted link, I like cenobyte, so run down and vampiress.

out of all those mentioned fonts, I'd either pick hellraiser or zombified of the first link.

for logos, i've thought of a simple cross-like dagger with ankh on top as in the letter "L" of Coiler. It may look like letter "T" which we both don't want either. Dont have the time, -yet- to whip up a logo for it.

Im trying to match the font to the image which will be on the board..

I like the Vampires font on the second site, then the Tribal.. then the Zombie.

Thanks for the examples.. I like to stay with the coiler logo I made unless we can do a better one.

Thanks again to all..

Still need a topsheet......I dying here! :(

Guest Ghostrider

hahaha

I played with the umlats...but I was having a hard time figuring out what to umlaticize...I thought maybe the u's in gruumer, but then I could just see some german guy ending up with a hernia trying to pronounce it.

Maybe the a in violator?

I dunno, I wouldnt call myself a pro when it comes to umlat usage so I guess its up to shred?

Well,, Instead of trying to get one right.. and wasting to much of other peoples time.. I went out and got photo shop! Was up till 1:00 am this morning working on a bunch of different designs.. you really get to see what works when you have to fit it on a 8 inch wide board and then take everything into account..

Not an expert at it but I think I did pretty good! I have a couple of different things to decide upon.. some look to busy..other to plain..

So once I get it done I will show ya.. but gotta tell ya its addictive..I would do this for free.. at least for a while.. its a blast.. I had so many ideas running !!!

ps.. had a ton of bad dreams last night! after working on it and looking at all this art I wanted to start clipping out letters and pasting them on paper!!! Scary!

Right said shred!

post-186-141842199146_thumb.jpg

Well I got a few more things I want to try before I send it off.. Plus Im sure Once I post it.. everyone will just bash it to death and word smith it to death in a graphics kinda way!:(

Once I finish it,, and send it off and it can be done.. I'll post it. hows dat?

Gotta make sure it will all fit..

Why did I just steal the software earlier! doh!! just kidding software police!!

Right said shred!

Guest veijari

Shred,

sorry it took so long. I see you've started to do it yourself :) But since I promised to give it a try, here's what I did ;)

About your question: If you press the square-button long enough, there will be a small popup, where you can choose another kinds of shapes, also ovals. There's also another way to create shapes, but that's a bit too complicated to explain here - at least with my English skills :rolleyes:

Anyway, if this picture is allright, just let me know, and I'll finish it off.

Jussi

post-1405-141842199153_thumb.jpg

I don't have an your email address I think? ,, and I don't think you can receive 11.4 megs can you? how should I send it in a jpeg or psd file or?

Well if I have your email I'll send ya the image that Im working with and what I got..

Thanks for the help.. I did not notice that button on the tool bar, I sure hope I have the right one and its working right..

Shred;)

Guest veijari

Wow, that's a pretty big file but I should be able to handle it. I think in this case psd-format is the best, but also jpg- and tif-formats are okay :cool:

The address is

jussi@mediaveijari.fi

I'm leaving for a 4-day vacation on Thursday afternoon (EET), so if you can send me the file ASAP, I can check it before that :confused:

I'm glad if I can help :D,

Jussi

• 1 year later...
Guest kennyusmc

Ok I am looking for an artist like shred was, for my coiler for next year... I have a few ideas but one that comes to mind is a anime alpine snowboarder with skulls ... holding a coiler . He would also being wearing a helmet like the giro mad max or giro flint sc I will link a pic from Akira as a staritng point... I will pay for a finished product...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kennyusmc1/detail?.dir=/6358re2&.dnm=8048re2.jpg&.src=ph&.tok=phH0S9EBOeBZwxQa

Ken