Note to New Members ×

Chill Leg, Wave!

trent

• 2 weeks later...

greg, trent, and myself.

grippy cord. fun!

greg baled out early.

late evening, i did a stupid human trick. starting from the chair, headed to dan's dive. on the flat before the race chute (?) i got tired, heel-side hooked up, went off into the trees. guess i was a wee bit tired.

i stayed till about 7:30 pm.

as discussed.

<object width="448" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://images.stupidvideos.com/2.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&sk=7&si=2&i=321511"></param><embed src="http://images.stupidvideos.com/2.0.2/swf/video.swf?sa=1&sk=7&si=2&i=321511" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="448" height="336"></embed></object>

wow, yesterday was great! rode until 8, wanted to try and close the place, but it's amazing how much more tired i felt riding solo (and my fingers were getting cold). lookout was stellar yesterday, even after 10 hours of play.

IMG_7902.JPG

IMG_7923.JPG

bobble was yelling "freshies" and headed for untracked pow in the trees. the trees attacked him, defending the pow for themselves.

IMG_4978.JPG

once it's dark out, the path to jon-jon is scary. most of the way down from the lift, it's only partially lit from a light hidden behind lots of trees (bigger and meaner than the ones attacking bobble). then the last 50 feet, right to the drop is completely black. we should hide in the woods and jump out at people yelling "RUTS!". that'll really make them like us down there. :biggthump

Don't even joke about such things.The next thing you know, is that now some rumor is going around "that place" saying that those carvers are at it again. They are out there with shovels, and bobcats digging trenches that will guide poor skidders into the woods, where they become sacrifices in satanic rituals. Sliced up with titinal knives, sharpened to 87 degrees. Which everyone knows is a secret code for the devil.......

greg and i played this morning in the new snow. 3 to 4 inches fresh snow over the groom. it was fun at first, but very soft and too deep to carve hard on the groom underneath. it got bumpy fast too. it was a great day for working on balanced riding, but that got old pretty fast. we didn't last too long after lunch. plus the snow was getting SUPER slow, especially at the bottom. the board would really stick, making you feel like you were going to go over the nose. would've been a great day for wax, whatever that is.

we saw beau and randy out prepping for their trip to whitefish. :biggthump also got some questions from a ski patrol about our setups. he's interested in carving, but said he was already getting a hard time about freeride snowboarding. he wasn't surprised when we told him he'd really get in trouble if he rode an alpine board. :smashfrea

-trent

5 hardbooters out today: powell1.8, bobble, rich, dan, and i. powell1.8, bobble, and i only made it until 12:15, and just barely at that. ugh.

bobble and i started on a kessler (him) and my kessler knock-off. i couldn't control my speed very well through turn shape as it was a skating rink out there. sometimes, i could hold an edge, but not very often. we met phil?, who's new to hardbooting. hopefully we'll see him more next year.

powell1.8 showed up an hour late. hello daylight savings time! ;) then proceeded to show us how it's done! :biggthump dang. the ice didn't seem to bother him as much as it did me. just to prove who was top dog, he carved down lookout fakie too. :eek: WHAT AN A**HOLE! 2 gold stars for him.

bobble complained of having "snow in his hole". don't know if it's the same hole that powell1.8 is or not, but i didn't really see any snow today. ice? yes, lots of it. 1 gold star for staying so long on a glass board in those conditions.

the last 3 runs of the day, i rode one of my glass boards. not fun! i thought it sucked with metal, but it super sucked with glass. and it was getting really crowded too. everyone was trying to get their last day of skiing in for the year. it was probably good that we left as the run was getting too crowded with straight-liners to be safe for us.

1 gold star for me. not for riding, but i bumped the chair for us most of the morning. they guy on the lookout chair sucked!

-trent

bobble complained of having "snow in his hole". don't know if it's the same hole that powell1.8 is or not, but i didn't really see any snow today. ice? yes, lots of it. 1 gold star for staying so long on a glass board in those conditions.

on the kessler, i was unable to control it. conditions were too fast for me.

on the donek it felt like i was riding a spoon. all i could do is sketch turns. whenever i applied pressure to the edges, i'd wipe out. the sound of the boards scraping the washboard ice was just nasty.

not a good day for me. i should've left at 9:15 am.

thanks for the gold star!

post-1112-141842340727_thumb.jpg