Note to New Members ×

Schweetzer reports ver 2.0.11

b0ardski

NICE AT SCHWIETZER

We'll be talking with Schwietzer's marketing guys about what group benefits we can get. They're cutting back from last year so I haven't posted any thing yet til we know for sure..

The date dates are locked in for Feb. 22 thru 27 so It's gonna happen whether or not the bean counters give us discounts or early load priveleges. We're working on some demos also.

A handful of carvers will be out this morning working out the early season cramps.

Last year we had some good carving conditions but it could become a powder fest with La Nina in action.

Stay tuned, a devoted thread for NICE will be coming soon with details, pics, maps and lots of stoke.:biggthump

they didn't offer the early season escape card this year so I have been sticking to our little valley.The best deal they offer now works out to 56.00 a day.Seems a bit misguided to cut out all the deals when people need to be enticed to spend anything right now.If I lived closer I would have done a midweek pass....

I'd love to get some turns in with ya but I'm not gonna make it Sun.:( I have a small job to finish up.:)

Schedule is a bit chaotic right now as we're down to 1 rig till we can save up for a head gasket:mad: replacement on mrs. b0ardski's explorer.

looks like I'm riding tue, wed, and maybe fri. this week, won't make it on a weekend til the day after christmas.

• 3 weeks later...

Troy where were ya Friday! I talked to Russ, good to finally meet another hardbooter, really nice guy. He gave me your digits and I called and left a message for ya. I had a breakthrough carving day, mostly rode vagabond on the backside all day. The steeper runs are still hard for me though. I raised my angles to 65/60 and the carves came easier but damn did it kill my quads for the next few days!

Friday will work for me. I will be at Red next week untill then.

I think I'll take a raincheck ,literally,due to the forcast Friday of rain low and snow high,since I love Schweetzer when I can see it,but vis will undoubtedly be low.That and 4&1/2 hours driving in it just doesn't sound appealing right now since I already commute to Cda daily.

Let's see what next week brings.Thursday works best since I was going to have to find other daycare for my youngest because our daycare person doesn't do Fridays.(Weird, I know) If Friday is the only day that works for you I can probably work something out.

one word

firm

B chute was the best run on the upper mt, smooth and consistent.

pend orielle was totally brutal with refrozen groomer death cookie strips and scraped ice in between.

I took the Nidecker down Heathers on the face and even though off piste was merely survival skiing pend oriellle was worse.

I found myself jealous of friends with 2 edges so I'm bringing skis up today(1st time this year) to soak up the cold sun in comfort. think I'll bring a board to as my ski muscles will be weak.