Note to New Members ×

Mammoth and June in December

nekdut

Guys,

Mammoth is beyond prime already. Today was absolutely perfect. Low twenties, no one there, perfect packed groom. Can't wait to go back.

What are everyone's plans in December? I'm heading up this coming weekend, and then again on the 25th for about 2 weeks. I'll probably escape to June over the holidays to avoid the crowds.

Good seeing a bunch of you yesterday!

Neil

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loc, Will probably be up there from 12/18 to 12/23 give or take a day. Not sure if we are going to Mammoth or June yet. Need to pick up my pass at Mammoth first day so maybe starting out at Mammoth. Will post up more info when details firmed up. Thanks! Tom

Never enjoyed riding in cali much except for Squaw... stopepd riding cali in the 1990's..

But the resorts all seem new and exciting... compared to 20+ years of East Coast and lots of Colorado.

I carved with a cali guy..I think on a F2 either 2010 or 2009 Aspen expression session..forgot his name..like to go ride more.

Looking for a place in Mammoth.

Definitely going to do a multi day trip.. December 18-24.

Will be heading up night of 17th and on snow 18th through 20th at Mammoth or June. First time on snow this season. 21st is possible if the legs hold out and jet lag is gone.

Mr. Gilmour, Let me know if you will be up during that time. Maybe we can catch a few runs. You might consider to check out June also. Take care, Tom

I'm probably coming up in the worst possible time - 29th-2nd. I'm assuming in that time it will be a little less crowded at June
definitely go to June

i was there last year during christmas time, the day after christmas (saturday) we kept going up and down GUN SMOKE (favorite carving run at June) the most people we saw on that run at same time besides us was 4

on sunday there was more people (mostly after 12.00 or 1.00 pm) because a lot of people left Mammoth because it was too crowded and went to June instead

I'll be at June Mtn. on the 16th, opening day, unless it snows on Benton Crossing road the night before. Then I have to plow the white stuff instead of playing in it. I live in Bishop and will be buying a pass to June this year and would like to hook up with some people to carve it up with. Ed

Good luck with that John. I think it is too late to run an ad in the Mammoth Times but you could get an ad on KMMT/tradio for the patroler/instructor for hire thing. I believe it is free. Obviously everyone will be pretty busy this time of year and may wish to stay away from the crowds on days off, but, if the price were right, who knows. I used to patrol at Mammoth but that was in the mid 80's. I go to June to avoid the crowds. Have fun, Ed

Mammoth Weather Guy

12-17-2010 1pm

Snow today, becoming heavy tonight with close to 20″ of base snow by Saturday morning. There may be a mix of rain and snow on the lower part of the mountain late tonight and early Saturday, then it should be all snow for the rest of the weekend. Snow, heavy at times, continues through Saturday and into Sunday when whiteout conditions are expected during the day with continued snowfall through Sunday night.

Snowfall, not quite as heavy, is expected to continue on Monday before picking up in intensity on Tuesday night and Wednesday when another round of potential heavy snowfall is expected with continued snow showers on Thursday. There may be a break on

Christmas Eve and early Christmas, but more snow is now forecast for the

holiday weekend.

Snowfall forecast are for the Sesame snow course (Main Lodge)

As reported in the 7 AM daily snow report for new snow.

Sat 12/18 = 18-20″

Sun 12/19 = 17-19″

Mon 12/20 = 28-30″

Tue 12/21 = 12-14″

Wed 12/22 = 15-17″

Thu 12/23 = 22-24″

Fri 12/24 = 8-10″

Storm Total = 120-134″

Sat – Mon 12/25-27 = 18-20″

December forecast = >140″

Next Update scheduled for Monday 12/20

WG

I'll be up early...where should people meet..no carving just pow riding.