Note to New Members ×

Boot shop & fitter near Boston??

Comapedrosa

Hi All,

i reently moved to Boston and am looking for a good shop for hardboots and good boot fitter (ideally the same place)! Looking for some Stratos Pro, UPZ (would love to try) or Raichle... I'd really appraciate your help!

a little bit of background: started boarding in 1991, never used soft boots. Used an old pair of UPS for ever until they fell apart and bought a pair of Stratos Pro online a couple of years ago. But they caused me the worst case of shin bang in the world!! i probably made the typical beginner's mistake: bought them too big! :smashfreaIf you'r curious, currently riding a Swoard, which is serving me well.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations! I'd be happy to drive a couple of hours for a good shop & fitter!

Cheers,

Thanks so much for the quick response Bobdea.

Any thoughts where i could try UPZs?

Also, does anyone have any experience with Performance Downhill in NH?

british columbia? that's the distributor, the hardbooter guys I know sell UPZ not sure if they have demos. they are in park city.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, does anyone have any experience with Performance Downhill in NH?

I bought my boots (Head), board (Donek), and bindings (Catek) from Eric at Performance Downhill last year. Eric's an experienced carver and quite knowledgable about equipment and his recommendations served me well, but he's no bootfitter. Most of his business is mailorder, so I would definitely email or call ahead to find out what he has in stock (and whether or not the shop will be open!) before you make the trip up.

If you're looking for a bootfitter, I would go with the Starting Gate.