Note to New Members ×

F2 SPEEDSTER 09/10 and 10/11

mihi

The specs on the Equipe series stayed the same for the whole range. They might have tweaked the flex and camber/decamber curve a bit (as is said about the World Cup Edition on their site), but there won´t be much difference.

For the WC Edition there is a new 187 length. Otherwise the specs also stayed the same (despite the refinded flex pattern which I just mentioned).

And another question about speedsters!

If I was used till now on "classic" 04-07 173 and 178 SPEEDSTERS, and would like to go now on 2011, are those new shaped boards equal in lenghts with older one? Is the 174 the right substitute for older 173? Or has the things changed with vario camber and sidecut and huge taper?

And how could 2011 EQUIPE and WC have the same gabrithes (nose, waist and tail width) with different sidecut radius?

Thanks,

Mihi

I would say that you could stay with the same length. Although you could go down a few centimeters, if you want, because the newer boards have a slightly bigger radius and the effective edge is also a bit longer. But it is not that much ...

The specs on the F2 site are a bit confusing. The shapes are the same! For the Equipe series they give you an average of the different radii, while the specs of the WC series focuses more on the tail radius. I guess that guys who buy the WC edition are not afraid of big radii ;) ...

Thanx WinterGold for your answers!

And on the end, which 174 board would you suggest to experienced rider for power freecarving on not realy wide and tidy slopes? Equipe or WC? How much dampier are WC's, because i dont like dead boards pretty much?

Thanks again!

Mihi

First off, I have not been on the latest F2 shapes.

I have been on metal boards from F2, Apex, Kessler and SG. None of these boards were too damp or lifeless. I´m not sure where this general notion comes from ... but I have never ridden the same shape with and without metal in the same conditions. Maybe this would bring out some new aspects ...

For me the metal boards provide excellent edgehold and better vibration absorption. Therefore I use them.

If money is no issue, I would take the WC edition (especially for an aggressive and experienced rider!), but I am sure that the Equipes are also nice boards.

It is a 2011 model.

I use MK2 plates. Carbon - rubber -AL combination, works superfine for carving and they are light, 900 g for pair! High is 15 mm. Great stuff to protect your titanal boards or to add some power to your borard. It works on proggresive hardening principle. The more you push, the harder the board becomes.

And, offcourse I will put some words after first ride, but the weather forecast is not wery promising for now!

post-1555-141842325496_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mihi

My RS183 Arrived today,now I'm all twitchy cause its still green grass here:(

Gotta give a shout to Dave and Andrea @ YYZCANUCK....the board arrived quickly and as expected;too bad they don't sell snow.

Now,if only I could stare at this wacky topsheet without going cross-eyed.:biggthump

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah,the wacky topsheet looks sweet up close,but I could scratch with my thumbnail if pushed....only cosmetics though. Can't wait to abuse it on eastern blue ice....could be another 3-4 weeks though:'(

FWIW....the construction of this board is so smooth and shows a lot of attention to detail...even more than my Prior....which is saying something!

I use MK2 plates. Carbon - rubber -AL combination, works superfine for carving and they are light, 900 g for pair! High is 15 mm. Great stuff to protect your titanal boards or to add some power to your borard. It works on proggresive hardening principle. The more you push, the harder the board becomes.Mihi

Hi Mihi!

Where can you find these MK2 plates? And for what price?

Thanks!

Silver

I ride it only once. The reason why I havn't write some words is that I couldn't make some clear runs for good test.

First runs I had a litle problems, because I spent 2 seasons now on wide EC board, so I have to used back on narrower board. Also I had to find some balance on new shape. So I need few runs for that, but when I started to pushing it, the conditions on the slope were not good any more. Anyway, the board was going great over the bump'n'jump terrain with absolute no problems with nose diving when hitting the snow. Everithing goes so smooth, you just have to let him go!

Can't wait for good conditions!

Cheers,

Mihi

How are the MK plates attached to the board? Do you put longer screws directly in the 4 inserts we see above the plate OR 4 screws inside the plate (in order to keep above inserts free for the bindings)?

Can you explain the statement "The more you push, the harder the board becomes"?

Thanks

Silver