Note to New Members ×

Alpline Boot fitter

cdonlon1

CT could be tough, but there are some good VT options.

As someone said earlier, the Starting Gate in Stratton still rocks for any hard-shell boot issues. Equipe at Stratton is probably the only place that regularly works on alpine snowboard boots in New England. The Boot Pro Ski Shop in Ludlow (Okemo) is also pretty good. They've been seeing more alpine riders coming in too, so they won't look at you like you're weird.

(edited my post)

I've had good luck at the starting gate for footbed and liner molding, and they carry Dalbello ID Gold Liners which is a plus in my eyes ... however: the employees there are not snowboarders really. I didn't realize that Equipe was doing boot work now — I would *definitely* recommend going there as several employees there are knowledgeable hardbooters — and they do an awesome job at board tuning there too! I've also had some good experiences punching/grinding my shells at Gmol.

Good to know Queequeg. I had a bad experience with Green Mtn--they were grumpy and suggested the most expensive option first, which turned out to be wrong. Still, one experience is just that. Could have been one bad apple. I know personally that Starting Gate and Boot Pro are equipped to do footbed and boot punching work too, and have been at it for years.

PS- It was Starting Gate that suggested I had absolutely purchased the wrong (ski) boot and told me to go yell at the store manager that sold them to me and insist on returning them. Good move. Turns out I didn't need a $300 orthotic.

Good to know Queequeg. I had a bad experience with Green Mtn--they were grumpy ... Could have been one bad apple.

The guy who helped me out at GMOL was kinda grumpy too (or seemed to be at first anyhow) ... I think it's maybe just his personal style. In the end I had the impression that he was a bit gruff, but a nice guy overall. This was my second experience with the - my first was a few years prior, and that was a bad experience (they took some shims off my footbeds, that were actually quite useful and necessary). This last season I needed a bunch of shell punching done and they were the only ones who seemed to get it right.

The Starting gate may not be such a wise idea, Sean and Steph left last year and are at Equipe Sports at the Clock tower, Stratton Village

802.297.3460, I'd give them a call.

The Boot Pro 802 2282776 is another guy names Sean and he's VERY good at fitting but you'll need your own boots, he doesn't sell Alpine boots, to my knowledge.

If Equipe doesn't stock Conformable liners Surefoot @ Killington does but you'll need your own shell and orthodics.(802) 422-2668, they don't make reservations, just show up.(their orthodics are not worth the money)

If you buy boots and the shells fit but the liners aren't very good you can pick up a set of Zipfit's, fairly inexpensive, total heel lock down.

http://www.zipfit.com/models.html.

Just install orthodics and yer good to go.

Ursle-- Thanks for the help. I actually called Sean at Pro boot and spoke with him. He was stoked to hear people were recommending him on bomber. I will most likely be heading up there if I need any further tweaking.

Everybody-- Thanks for all the replies!!! It's much appreciated, hopefully this thread helps others in the area find full comfort and performance in their boots.

The Starting gate may not be such a wise idea, Sean and Steph left last year and are at Equipe Sports at the Clock tower, Stratton Village

802.297.3460, I'd give them a call.

The Boot Pro 802 2282776 is another guy names Sean and he's VERY good at fitting but you'll need your own boots, he doesn't sell Alpine boots, to my knowledge.

If Equipe doesn't stock Conformable liners Surefoot @ Killington does but you'll need your own shell and orthodics.(802) 422-2668, they don't make reservations, just show up.(their orthodics are not worth the money)

If you buy boots and the shells fit but the liners aren't very good you can pick up a set of Zipfit's, fairly inexpensive, total heel lock down.

http://www.zipfit.com/models.html.

Just install orthodics and yer good to go.

Good information to store somewhere. Thanks Ursle!

Ursle--

1. What zipfit liner would you recommend for recreational free carving? I have deeluxe 325 T's would that be a good match?

2. Where can I purchase them from, I checked out the website, and I was trying to find the nearest retailer to Connecticut.

3. What would be the price, the website didn't quote me a price, I am assuming It may be a shop by shop price?

If I'm not allowed to post this, my apologies ahaead of time.

I work @ Bootworks at Mt. Snow. I can fit ID and other liners, as well as make footbeds. I am a carver, so I know what types of fit problems you might tend to encounter.

Please feel free to contact us @ 802-464-4052.

And, again, if this the wrong place for this response, moderator, please move/remove as appropriate.