Note to New Members ×

Ses 2011

jp1

I'm seriously :D thinking about SES 2011 and thought I'd post it here, hoping to find someone else in the area interested.

Trying to find someone (or more) to split the costs of accomodations and rental car to and from Denver to Aspen.

Any Interest ?

John

I'm seriously :D thinking about SES 2011 and thought I'd post it here, hoping to find someone else in the area interested.

Trying to find someone (or more) to split the costs of accomodations and rental car to and from Denver to Aspen.

Any Interest ?

John

Hey John - A little info that you may find helpful: an easy way to get to Aspen without having to rent a car is to fly direct into Eagle (Vail) and then take one of several shuttles to Aspen. You don't really need a car in Aspen unless you are planning on staying somewhere further away from the mountains like Glendale. AA has direct flights to Eagle from JFK. It's kind of a long drive from Denver to Aspen, but not horrible. Flying into aspen direct is convenient when the weather permits it but if it doesn't it can ba a problem since the aspen airport is visuals only.

Jose & Stephane, Great hearing from you guys! :biggthump

Thanks Jose, I just looked into Eagle, actually would be more costly.

I can do RT, Southwest (free luggage) nonstop from Philly to Denver for $340. Shuttle from Denver to Aspen is $100 each way.

American (with funky times) RT, Newark to Eagle nonstop, $378 (+ extra for luggage). Shuttle from Eagle to Aspen $76 each way.

United, RT, Newark to Eagle nonstop $440 (+ extra for luggage) + $76 Shuttle@ way.

I figured if I were going to pay $200 for a shuttle and be without wheels (us hicks need wheels) I may as well check out a rental. Rental = $400, so if I can find one person it would pretty much be a wash like Angie said in her post, others would be a savings.

Thanks for the info (I'll keep looking) good to know I won't really NEED wheels (although I can't imagine a week without them) hope to see you there if not somewhere on the Ice Coast.

AMK:

It's over now :(

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2323331

I could have book from ISP <-> DEN for about $240

and the Bag fly for free!!!

But i can't commite until i can find cheap enough room.

--

David

Thanks pow4ever,

240$ it was a deal, thanks for link. But I would rather fly to Vail. Since I'm planing on coming (overall) on Tuesday and leave on Sunday. Would be nice spend less time traveling, but I'm open since its $ matter.

I'm still looking as well, St Moritz Lodge sounds great to me.

What is your plans again?

And I think there would be more deals on flights. Hope so.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Came across this link while looking over Emilio's bus schdule.

Not a bad price and it lines up with SES perfectly.

http://haskitrips.com/package1.html

Aspen, Colorado

DATE : Feb 5h - Feb 12th 2011 It's never too early to be thinking about your winter ski vacation! Book your winter travel by September 30th, 2010 and SAVE $100

Aspen, CO.

PRICE: $1799 per person (based on double occupancy)

Deposit of $450 due by Nov 1st.

INCLUDES:

- rt. non-stop air on American Airlines to Vail/Eagle airport

- rt. transfers,

- 7 nights accommodations

- continental breakfasts daily

- welcome reception

- 1 dinner ( Pizza Party )

- 5 out of six day lift tickets, ( 6th day optional)

- all taxes and resort fees

--

David