Note to New Members ×

New Bomber Employee and Special Snowboard for Raffle

fin

Bomber just received a very special new employee on Friday. May I introduce Mathilda. :biggthump

Mathilda came from a shelter in New Jersey as she was found wondering around in a huge rain storm. This is made even more incredible in that Mathilda is 100% blind. No one claimed her and she spent a couple of months being the hit of the shelter.

Thankfully for me I was looking for a second dog and I was watching/subscribed to a very good website that specializes in special needs dogs.

WARNING!! This site is very sad for the faint at heart. I can only look at this for about 2 minutes before I want to go "harm" some of the previos owners of these fantastic dogs.

Blind Deaf Shelter Dogs

I encourage anyone looking to get a dog please look at a shelter dog and even look at one with special needs. Trust me, it is not what you can do for them, it is what they will do to you in a positive way.

It was a bit of planes/trains/ and automobile to get her here but with some help from a few volunteers we made it happen.

Anyway, Mathilda is fitting in great and has spent the last 2 days mapping out the entire shop. I was amazed to see her do it very quickly. Only issue we still seem to have is going down stairs. Up is no problem but down is going slowly.

The group shot is of Zsa Zsa (left) who has been with me for over 6 years. Her and Mathilda are finally getting along good but at first it was like two women showing up at the party and both had the same black and tan dress on. A little bit of tension. ;)

The shelter in New Jersey is called The Plainfield Area Humane Society (PAHS) and they where great to work with. What worked well was that the lady who runs it Googled me and found out we sell snowboards, so instead of the usual Adoption fee she asked if I could donate a snowboard for there upcoming fund raiser raffle on the 16th of October. So I had Sean at Donek make me a very special custom snowboard for their event. All those animals on the top sheet are ones that PAHS found homes for. Came out great and I think they will be able to generate some good funds with that. If any carvers are int he NJ area and want to get a very cool one of a kind Donek please check out their website for the details on the raffle. These people are angles and could sure use all the help they can get.

post-1-141842322844_thumb.jpg

post-1-141842322846_thumb.jpg

post-1-141842322849_thumb.jpg

I must agree that Mathilda has been an awesome addition to Bomber. She is competing with me for Employee of the Month! :) She is doing great navigating the doggie door with a little help from Fin and the other dogs, who think she's pretty cool. Stairs are starting to come around too!

unfortunately we can't take her to the SES as our house does not allow dogs, so if anyone wants to offer to dog sit during that week, we've got 5 little lovers we need to find able bodies to feed, love, and snuggle with.

• 3 weeks later...

She's looks like a sweetie Fin - very cool that you were able to bring her on. She went to a good home. :)

Hopefully she will not need to chase down any aluminum thieves.

Good friends just rescued a little border collie - cute as heck. He was found wandering with TWO shock collars on! One does question humanity at times.

llr