Note to New Members ×

Fin adapter plates?

Karvin Marvin

Hi. I was referred over here, because I hear Bomber is developing some sort of adapter plate for using plates with softboots. I don't know much about them. Did I get that correct? I can't find anything about it on the Bomber product pages. My friend says it still might be a prototype, but supposed to come out soon? Anybody know? I'd ridden plates long ago...but been on strap-bindings since then. These adapters might bridge that gap.....if I can find them, that is. I think he'd said that some folks out west somewhere were testing them, but not sure.

Anybody that has tried out these "prototypes" let me know or PM me. Thanx.

Looks like I picked the wrong season to join a snowboarding forum!! Guess I'm missing the snow, is all.

Damn Buell, that guy is really a thorn in your side.

Seems from the writing style in the post and the two profiles that it could be him. Seems pretty uncanny that both profiles would list size 13 feet.

I'm surprised he'd fill out the Additional Information in the new profile. What a numbskull.

You are looking for this thread I believe. They don't seem to be in production just yet.

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30507

Thanks for the info, Marty!

To bad they arent in production yet. I'll be looking forward to when they ARE available. They should be just the ticket for a lot of carvers out there includingv me and I don't see anything like them in the boardshops.

You guys DO realize that there is a multi-player online war-game called BomberOnline, don't you. I think is strictly a iphone app, but thats its name.

Been lurking on here bout a month now...but right now we are traveling so no time much to blog.

Seems pretty uncanny that both profiles would list size 13 feet.

Yeah, that is not the only coincidence. There are quite a few others. Just a couple of them:

The Option Supercharger 163 is a board that Rover mentions (he does not own one though) quite often in his post and Marvin happens to own one. I can't recall ever seeing that board talked about on BOL and now there are two recent posters talking about it. One of them shows up days after the other is banned.

They both have the same AT bindings and are both thinking of switching from AT skis to a splitboard and they both want us to know about it. Hmmm.

They both happen to spell Voile as "Voille." I have never seen that anywhere else. Marvin writes in his profile that he has Voille Asylum AT skis and Rover wrote in posts, "I've been on the Voille website and what I am wondering is that the Voille split-board bindings...." and "I am sure if those Voille bindings/plates would have....."

Love how Marvin is not even confused about all this stuff about Rover on his thread. Just seems oblivious to it all.

Uncanny is a good word for it. :barf: