World Cup 2010 Soccer !!!

piusthedrcarve

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far Deutschland has looked the best. The 1st round of the World Cup is not to exciting, the teams are taking it easy it's all about strategy. Teams are just trying to get by and stay alive for the next round.

Spain chocked hard, what a scandal to lose against Switzerland.

No Win but go the Mothaf&*king KIWIS.

That was a soft penalty to Italy, anyhow the balance of the game they had possession, so a draw against the former world champs, and we trounced Wales in football (rugby) in the same weekend.

Life ain't bad.

2,500:1 vs. I think 4:1 odds to win......and they come to a draw.

we will need at least 4 years to recover and build a new team from scratch..new coach is going to do that but needs a hell of a long time...

My fav teams are argentina, brasil and spain..Christiano Ronaldo is basically and ******* so i don't want to believe in his team...so no portugal despite their strong victory...

We'll see who gets to the top despite the vuvuzelas :)

N

er, is it because it is like a freindly thing kind of like how since Australia did not make it through, that they now hope that the kiwis will?

Despite the fact that as it will provide 4 years of epic boasting rights given how well the Kiwis did to date.

You can see I am very naive when it comes to thinking about how Canada looks at their southern neighbours ;-)

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn the All whites - big night tonite.

Well done to Korea BTW, made it through woohoo!

I see that in hockey where Canadians cheer for any remaining Canadian team in the playoffs even though their own Canadian team is out but I think our competitive feeling towards the US would keep many from cheering for them.

There may be other benefits like an expanded North American league I guess. Most Canadian soccer fans I know don't follow MLS but follow the leagues in Europe. They aren't in Toronto or Vancouver though.

The lack of postings on this thread shows how little interest the US has in soccer. This is the largest sporting event in the world, of course that is not the case for Americans. The US has not advance to the 2nd round since 1954 and no one commented on a US win:o:o

This is why the rest of the world is not happy with the US advancing to the 2nd round.:rolleyes:

I just overheard from radio, WTOP (DC area), that having a poll that if soccer would become a popular sport like basketball, baseball, or American football in US over your lifetime by resulting US team advanced to 2nd round in 2010 WC.

My guess is .... not popular as much those sports but at least may become one of top 5 interested sports.

Soccer in US will be growing fast. Evident facts are:

1. US Women's soccer is one of best in the world.

2. Soccer is most active and popular sports for Middle/High school girls.

3. David Beckham joined the L.A. Galaxy

4. # of Soccer loving immigrants in US is growing

One way or the others, tailgate party prior to soccer game is getting popular here in DC. Non-soccer fans are even going for the tailgate parties just for fun.

Hmmm... then I thought about Alpine snowboarding.. If we throw a good tailgate party at ski resort parking lot for SES or ECES, will it be a factor to popularize alpine snowboarding? :eplus2:

Jonbass,

If the sport is growing in US that means a better competitive level for the MLS . The MLS is liked the NHL, with americans and canadians teams (Toronto is in, Vancouver and Montreal will join in 2011-2012). Canadian teams will have to developp better player to remain competitive.

If the soccer is strong is US I'm sure it will have a positive impact in Canada just because we're close neighbor