Note to New Members ×

A dare....

Alaskan Rover

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. It seems to be a sliding/spinning machine - I'm a carver. Although, the idea of removing the castors did occure to me. To wide probably, as even my Tracker 219 feel to wide and slugish. I can imaggine the 300... For street luge, it would be da bomb, though!

We have the S10's over here which are basically 300mm

slide like a beast!

probably because they bottom out so easily.

i have the Indy 215's which feel awesome to me.

I love wider hangers for downhill and freeriding.

For slalom, i love the narrowest trucks I can find though.

Bennett 4.3 :eplus2:

I love Indys 215 too. Especially as the rear truck, combined with Randal in front.

However, the 215 is actually only 180 wide (hanger), while Tracker 219 is 219 hanger.

My understanding is that the S10 is 250 hanger?

steal the trucks off of a freeboard, take the castors off and go. the truck is over 300mm, could even leave the castors on and use your snowboard bindings and boots for the ultimate thrill and injury

I totally forgot about freeboards! I saw one once at a snowboard shop. Freaky looking, swiveling center wheels. But those trucks are definitely wide!! With the addition of that 1"thick plywood subboard, I will be able to have the trucks just before the rise of each tip, resulting in a better ride, I think. Unfortunately, the board is 325mm wide at these points. So, I'll now need all the truck width I can get. I wonder if you can put axle extensions on those freeboard trucks? Ha ha. I'm thinking extensions on an already super-wide truck might be recipe for axle breakage, so it'd be sketchy!! And on this aircraft carrier deck, I don't think I'll be doing any tight slalom!! I guess every solution begets other sets of problems!

No...I think I'll keep the bindings OFF the board. I received enough injuries when I went grass skiing. Unless someone has a Michelin-Man suit they want to rent out.

Bullwings:

It goes back a ways, but I remember fooling around with trucks like Madrid something or other; Tracker??; Gullwing; and GT. And I can swear I remember a truck called Ideal.

The trucks I actually put on that "gun" semi-longboard that I made were an old used pair of ACS some #. These I actually took to an industrial bushing manufacturer, and they were able to find a good set of bushings that had just the right compression and stiffness. I just remember they were bright orange, so that was cool.

Things were alot different back then...no internet, no ebay, no craig's list and not as many skate shops around. So if you wanted a set of the right bushings, it was by mail. It was sometimes just faster to simply replace the trucks. Correct kingpins were even harder to find, unless you were in a "skate" area with lots of shops, although with some companies, I think I remember them being little more than your standard issue bolt anyway, but sizing was tough. I remember making a set of bushings using cut-down shock absorber bushings. They worked fair enough in a pinch.

My absolute favorite board is a favorite purely for sentimental reasons...as it would not be considered a good board at all by today's standards, and is my fav because it was the first board I ever had when I was ten years old: A red polyurethane Grentech (GT) Banana board with those horrible ultra-wide, nearly clear, urethane wheels and GT trucks. I think Sears-Roebuck sold them. That board had it's faults, due mostly to those wheels (which we later ground down to more acceptable dimensions), but i loved that board.

That plastic GT Banana board was also INDESTRUCTABLE!!!

I love Indys 215 too. Especially as the rear truck, combined with Randal in front.

However, the 215 is actually only 180 wide (hanger), while Tracker 219 is 219 hanger.

My understanding is that the S10 is 250 hanger?

S10 = 10 inches.

1 inch = 2.56 cm

10 inches = 25.6cm

yeah okay. my bad. :o

Surf-Rodz came out with the 200mm CNC 45* Reverse Kingpin truck, and you can extend those to 240mm.

Only $160!

Yo quiero.

seems fun.

interesting concept.

Ever tried one?

actually gave away a set of the trucks awhile back. they are ALRIGHT kindA SCARY and eat wheels really fast.

it's a complete novelty, like a snakeboard is, wicked cool for like a month then it moves into the closet due to only useable on hills and so on