Note to New Members ×

Dear Fin, Jack, and everyone else

tex1230

well, if I remember correctly Lee is deaf. which kinda earns him a pass IMO.

That's allright, bobdea -- ignore him because I did say this ratherly clearly:

Please pardon me for posting a ratherly tasteless photo but the message is relevant and to the point.

but i guess he wants to argue, bobdea, so let's just leave it as that. Yes, puns intended.

I'd have to vote for leaving politics open here. I will have to say that of the smut that I read (Fox, Cnn, NY Times), I can't stand to read the comments. The political threads that I've read here (and not all of them I'm sure) have yielded the best links and discourse that I've been exposed to.

When comments turn a little testy, I just go back and search Fox and it puts it all in perspective. At least here I can garner some logical thought processes from both sides.

Just watched "Good Night and Good Luck" finally. Very apropo methinks.

I consistently defend everyone's right to "say" just about anything, however, we all have some basic responsibilities that come with that. I'm guessing that Lee does not have any developmentally disabled children. The young man in the photo is someone's son and both he and the family are deserving of much better than the co-opted image or it's secondary circulation. Come on Lee, exercise your free speech to constructive ends and not just for the sake of it. Show some dignity (your own and toward others), please.

I'm late to the thread and have two points.

1) It's Fin website and business and will support his decision or simply just not click here.

2) My "opinion" is that no topic should necessarily be banned, but we should acknowledge that we're all friends at the end of the day and have a passion shared regardless of how stupid you guys are....

Okay, the last past was a joke.

I think all the opinions matter...and I've actually changed my view on a few topics from reading BOL...neither of which were about taxes though.

K

yep i'd say that most of the posts have been pretty civil and some people debate points (and back up with infor) quite well. I have never ended a friendship over differing political or religious viewpoints, that would be a pretty crap friendship.

i love you all. hehe :1luvu:

I consistently defend everyone's right to "say" just about anything, however, we all have some basic responsibilities that come with that. I'm guessing that Lee does not have any developmentally disabled children. The young man in the photo is someone's son and both he and the family are deserving of much better than the co-opted image or it's secondary circulation. Come on Lee, exercise your free speech to constructive ends and not just for the sake of it. Show some dignity (your own and toward others), please.

Don't be assuming a bit too much. I do have a developmentally disabled uncle. However, I did warn it'd be tasteless but a relevant point.

EDIT: hey davekempmeister, a bit of a hijack -- I see you live out in maryland. You get to ride Wisp often ? it's my first mountain I've ridden a snowboard back then, and I recall reading an article Wisp installed multi-million dollars snowmaking facility recently. Was it successful, if you've been there?

I don't mean to pile on, but I found it objectionable too.

It's also kind of appropriate as well. We're talking about whether we can talk about highly charged subjects, or do we keep OT to fluff. I think it's possible to see how this forum has matured over the years. hopefully to a point where we can discuss the inflammatory, without getting too inflamed. There is not a person on this forum that I would not be stoked to ride with, despite political differences. There may be people I would be hesitant to ride with, but it wouldn't be their politics that would be the problem ;) Every small group evolves a culture. I would hope ours is about the stoke we share, but also about what makes us different.

Oh, now we're still "arguing" about the picture? -smh- That's -EXACTLY- why I posted that picture.

And if you're really that [censored] and whining about it? I'll take it off, ffs.

Gee, you folks are too politically correct, most of you.

Yes, Lee I absolutely love Wisp. It is actually the only lift ticket that one can buy in MD. Some PA resorts are in closer proximity to Balt/DC, but I often drive the extra 90 minutes to Wisp because the snow is so much better. I could go on and on. You won me over with the Wisp reference, and yes they have expanded the place. If you get back east at the right time of year, let me know, it'd be great. LeeW is the man. Let him say whatever he wants.