Note to New Members ×

Sense 185

Zanci

img0580p.jpg

Just got these two babies.

Tried them today,great ride.

Both are 185.

Left is a bit stiffer and 21 waist,right one 19,5.

Best boards I have ever ridden.

Bit more lively than Kessler so it's more fun to carve.

Awesome grip and rips everything.

Probably not riding anything else for atleast a year.

Kill the hill type of the board :1luvu:

ripi.jpg

Actually I bought a prior wcrm 173 last year,but broke it in normal condition riding. They got a hole in the titanal that keeps the base and metal still in the construction :freak3:.

Hope I get anything new in return.

Of course I can't be without a board in the season so tried Sense and just had to own it.

They are metal construction,with variable radius.

Both 185 .

Left one :

A bit stiffer and 21 cm waist.

Right one :

19.5 waist

Best boards I have ever ridden.

And I have tried the newest 185 kessler , SG , prior ,...

You can't even compare it with priors or doneks.

The only board that comes close is kessler and maybe SG,but have only ridden woman version of SG.

It's a bit more lively so it's more fun for carving.

The only problem is that these two boards were made for racing so you need to be careful when pushing the nose at lying down if it's soft.

They're great but you need to know how to ride. :1luvu:

We'll be probably up on Molltal on wednesday if you want to try.

Nose: 24,5 cm

Waist: 19,5 cm

Tail : ~ 22 cm

The nose decamber goes to the end of the letter S on the top sheet.

The nose is almost flat ;)

Just got 1 at home,the other one isn't mine :)

Yeah well,the board is great but it's expensive.

I got it cheap but if you get a new one ,something like this is ~1500 euros.

I see you're from Austria.

We can meet sometime on Molltaler gletscher.

• 9 months later...

I tested Sense boards the other day. Sense 180!!!!! :1luvu:

After riding Nidecker, Burton, Coiler, Virus, Pogo, Goltes, SG, Xtasy, Kessler and Sense snowboards I must admit that this is the best board I have ever had a chance to ride!!!

SG would be my second choice, Pogo third and so on...

Having in mind that most titanal boards in Europe are close to 1000 Eur tag, I think Sense boards are not even that expensive... :biggthump

Hmmm, I had another experience. Those boards aren't suitable for every one. Incredible (too much for me ) 'bite' ice grip. If you like that than it's okay. I am not very fond of it. But besides that, high build quality boards, and very nice and openminded people to talk to.

Probably that lose a lot of speed...

Well, yeah, it's still a 185 board, likes speed.

But you probably rode an older version, that lacked pop and life.

Compared to Sigi and kessler, it's much user friendly and rides better on bad conditions and steep slopes. If you're a recreational carver, than these are probably the best boards out there ! :)

Hmmm, I had another experience. Those boards aren't suitable for every one. Incredible (too much for me ) 'bite' ice grip. If you like that than it's okay. I am not very fond of it. But besides that, high build quality boards, and very nice and openminded people to talk to.

I have not mentioned, but I tested a 163 slalom board made for World Cup and it was too much for me as well! 2 rides on this thing exhausted me more than the whole day of testing various SL, GS and something in between boards!!!

So it might have been that you had tested a world cup board instead of a normal carving one...

So I would stick to what I stated :cool:

Hans how can to much bite or ice grip be a bad thing? Or did I not understand your statement correctly.

You did understand it correctly. May be I haven't had the right board. The feeling I had with this beautiful build Sense worldcup board is that the icegrip was not building up, but it was right their at a maximum, and I couldn't influence it like I would. Normally I can build up the grip of a board and influence it by pushing it more or less: more or less icegrip. This board just wants to ride on its sides with maximum icegrip, bites the ice without even pushing it and never let loose. May be it's just the rider and not the board or the board was made for a heavier and more experienced rider (I weigh about 190 lbs). Fact is that I don't like that aggressive 'bite' icegrip. It's too much for me. After that I rode an Oxess Worlcup 185 and I didn't bring this board back to the demotent for the whole afternoon :biggthump;) Conclusion: I ordered this Oxess which arrived a few months ago.

Probably that lose a lot of speed...

Well, yeah, it's still a 185 board, likes speed.

But you probably rode an older version, that lacked pop and life.

Compared to Sigi and kessler, it's much user friendly and rides better on bad conditions and steep slopes. If you're a recreational carver, than these are probably the best boards out there ! :)

You're right. I think it was an 'older' version. I rode it at the CM20X in May 2010 in Soelden at the glacier.

Want to try a newer one if you are in the neighbourhood next time.

Hi

I have tested many boards: Kessler 180 (2011), Sigi full carve 180 (2011),Prior 172 (2009), Sense 165 (2009), Sense 180 (2011), and i own Sigi 175 (2010), Donek FC 171 (2006) and Sense 185 (2009)....(all titanal construction except donek and sigi full carve). I am telling you this, just so you know that i tried them some... And my favorite boards are all from Sense. Andrej can build anything...from very lively freecarve titanal board like 180, to a very brutal slalom 165, which will kick your ass, and then there is speed loving 185 which comes to use when there is a lot of space. And they all hold edge like nothing else. So if you want a really special custom made board, that holds edge like Kessler or Sigi but rides differently...give him a call. Well i have said enuff you should try them on your own, he will probably be at World carving sesion in Silvretta.

• 1 month later...
You did understand it correctly. May be I haven't had the right board. The feeling I had with this beautiful build Sense worldcup board is that the icegrip was not building up, but it was right their at a maximum, and I couldn't influence it like I would. Normally I can build up the grip of a board and influence it by pushing it more or less: more or less icegrip. This board just wants to ride on its sides with maximum icegrip, bites the ice without even pushing it and never let loose. May be it's just the rider and not the board or the board was made for a heavier and more experienced rider (I weigh about 190 lbs). Fact is that I don't like that aggressive 'bite' icegrip. It's too much for me. After that I rode an Oxess Worlcup 185 and I didn't bring this board back to the demotent for the whole afternoon :biggthump;) Conclusion: I ordered this Oxess which arrived a few months ago.

I do see what you mean.

And to be honest.. I've been thinking the same way you did.

Only I could never get that much edgehold from any other board at any point of a carve. Or is it just me?

And I did have some troubles regarding what you say "bites the ice without even pushing it and never let loose".... but noone got hurt luckilly! or noone got hurt badly :smashfrea hehehhehe

I did not have enough time (and I don't have enough technique) to play with different positions on the board (in terms of leaning fwds and bckwds), but I guess it should help building up edgehold and reducing it... no?

But anyways, what can be so bad with having TONS of edgehold all the time?? if we suppose that it wouldn't cause any crashes :eplus2: