Note to New Members ×

Pureboarding Carve Camp in Austria?

ken

I would like to know if anyone has any info/experience regarding Pureboarding's Carve Camps. I believe they are holding one in Kaunertal, Austria in May 2010.

Although I have Never rode in hardboots, I have decided to give it a try. Just need some guidance and handholding.

Now that the season is over in the US, it appears I will have to do a bit of travel. I have a some air miles and vacay time and am debating whether this or South America would be the best bet.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ken

:eek:

I don't think I've ever seen that much snow. I know the northeast isn't the powder capitol of the world, but damn.

We have had a number of good storms this past couple weeks. They have brought the snow pack back up to approx 70% of normal. The ski area I go to often closes out the season with over 100" base. Timberline runs well into the summer. If you have a hankering for more riding. Timberline has a cheap spring pass that will get you to the end of May for less than 100$ It is probably the best conditions around during the late spring.

Stay in Hood River, Oregon, Snowboard in the am, kite-board or mountain bike in the pm. Good fun. :biggthump

I would like to know if anyone has any info/experience regarding Pureboarding's Carve Camps. I believe they are holding one in Kaunertal, Austria in May 2010.

Although I have Never rode in hardboots, I have decided to give it a try. Just need some guidance and handholding.

Now that the season is over in the US, it appears I will have to do a bit of travel. I have a some air miles and vacay time and am debating whether this or South America would be the best bet.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ken

Hey Ken, welcome to Bomber! I don't have any personal experience with Pureboarding, but they do seem like a great outfit. I wonder if the language of instruction at their camps is English, though -- something to look into if you're considering them.

You might also take a look at Snow Performance (www.snowperformance.com) I have taken one of their alpine courses at Mt. Hood (Oregon, same mountain that Oldsnowboards mentioned), and it was very high quality: excellent instruction, and a lot of fun. They have upcoming courses in May at Mammoth, and June at Mt. Hood: <a href="http://snowperformance.com/calendar0910.asp">http://snowperformance.com/calendar0910.asp</a>.

I've ridden a lot with the Pureboarding crew and they are great people! I'm sure the camp would be a lot of fun, though I'm not sure about the snow conditions. I would suggest you write Joerg directly (joerg {at} pureboarding {dot} com) and talk to him about it. The event might be sold out by now too. Cheers,

tom.

PS. Pureboarding pic from two days ago, Snowmass powder, Joerg needed a snorkel it was so good!

Never tried one those camps, but I am going to for sure. Joerg is a very relaxed guy and his instructors are also very good. I've heard very good vibes from the FB guys about his camps and presence. You won't regret it. Those glaciers are still pretty good in that time of year.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input.

I emailed joerg and he has been very helpfull in setting it all up.

I will be going to kaunertal on may 5. This will be my first time riding in hardboots. Hopefully I will get lucky and all will go well!

Ken

Pureboarding is highly recommendable IMO.

But if you're coming to Austria in May, you definitely should attend the Carving Masters (www dot carving-masters dot de)

We're holding a couple of courses there, and there is a special former-softbooter-course as well!! We're even providing the equipment!