Note to New Members ×

so happy to get fired from my jerb

Wun

just want to share my enthusiasm.

i was gonna put in my two weeks' notice today, but my boss happened to let me go before i said anything. two extra free weeks! ze boss and i didn't get along very well. anyway, i'm no longer a weekend warrior!

i'll be going on the biggest alpine boarding binge i can before my month-long family vacation in april that i'm not really wanting to go on (hopefully i'll have a change of heart by the time i'm there, we'll be mostly traveling along the camino de santiago in spain) cuts my snowboard season short.

and hopefully i'll get some video recorded this weekend, so i can upload the footage and have you guys pick me apart.

:1luvu:

rough week. i've been sitting here bored in tahoe, totally cockblocked by an injury.

saturday (the first day i was able to board after being relieved from work), wasn't very great. lot of snowfall to the point of chain control and storm advisory warning the night before, so i called it a day after about two hours.

sunday, i took a nasty spill on my second run. threw myself into a high-speed, tight-radiused carve without putting the angulation or inclination into it, among inattentiveness/unpreparedness and whatever else. as usual, it all happened so fast. my best guess is that i overcarved/overturned a toeside relative to the direction my body was facing and trying to travel by the time i released the carve, botching the unidirectionality; i really wasn't prepared for that turn. but, perhaps i just let up and caught an edge. anyway, that marked the end of my day. the day count for the season is somewhere between 15 and 20, i'll have to ask about that next time i ride.. it's been a few days since i've last checked. this was my second (or third?) of those 15-20 days this season to not wear a helmet. amazingly, my head got hit by nothin'.

i was debating to myself whether or not to request ski patrol to snowmobile me back to the lodge, but i just skidded my way back to the car. i messed up my right, front leg (rear leg also injured, but not nearly as much) so badly from the fall that i had a limp when i got out of my boots.

monday, took one run, but it was too painful. it didn't even really hurt until i was walking around in my hardboots in the parking lot; should've tried them on before going out :smashfrea

thursday (right now), i just tried to put on my hardboots and get into my board and bindings here in the condo... still too painful.

it hurts for me to cross any part of the upper half of my right lower leg onto the left thigh and relax the weight. i can hop on my right leg without problems (though i can easily recognize that there's an injury when doing so), and i can run normally too. didn't bother icing it back then 'cause the entire damn leg hurt and i had no idea what to ice, just took some ibuprofen over the next couple days.

anyone else get anything similar? how long did it take you off the slopes for?

Is it muscle pain or joint pain?

In either case Arnica gel will help. Arnica applied topically all over your sore leg will reduce inflammation.

Boiron Arnica Gel is pretty easy to find. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.boironusa.com/products.aspx?prodid=4

Topricin is even better and has Arnica in it but is a lot more expensive. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.topricin.com/

Icing is still a good idea too. Just don't leave it in one place too long. Ice one area for a while and then move it to another spot. Icing reduces inflammation as well and will aid in healing even after the injury.

i think it's muscle? i'm not a doctor... okay, one should know the difference even if not a doc. shut up. :o

i guess i could've done all those things earlier on. at this rate, i think i'll actually be back on the slopes within a few days :lol: