Note to New Members ×

Need a bit of advice....

dave29

I know there are many posts on the following boards but I'm trying to finalize my purchase before the $$$ finds its way to other places. I don't have the ability to demo these boards before buying. I am torn between the Prior FLC and Coiler VSR, the NSR and the Donek Metal FC run a close second. Mostly ride Stratton and Hunter mtn. I LOVE to carve but also ride entire mtn. I have a powder board so I'm covered there. I ride the fall-line after the corduroy is gone. My specs in mind are 169/19.5-20w. I have always ridden a Nidecker GS173 but I'm looking to downsize a tad and go metal. Any input would be great. Thanks to all.

Both of your leading contenders would work for your style and terrain- I think that the critical factor for you would be availability and delivery.

You can get a Prior FLC more easily from Chris Prior than a Coiler NSR from Bruce- I seem to recall that Bruce's wait list is now running at a year. I have both Coiler and Prior boards in my quiver, just not the model of boards that you're looking for.

If it was my cash, I would be putting an order for a Coiler ASAP with Bruce. From feedback that I have received from others, dealing with Bruce is one of the joys of getting your board made- he is so knowledgeable and has the skills to craft a board that will fit like a Cinderella shoe.

I know there are many posts on the following boards but I'm trying to finalize my purchase before the $$$ finds its way to other places. I don't have the ability to demo these boards before buying. I am torn between the Prior FLC and Coiler VSR, the NSR and the Donek Metal FC run a close second. Mostly ride Stratton and Hunter mtn. I LOVE to carve but also ride entire mtn. I have a powder board so I'm covered there. I ride the fall-line after the corduroy is gone. My specs in mind are 169/19.5-20w. I have always ridden a Nidecker GS173 but I'm looking to downsize a tad and go metal. Any input would be great. Thanks to all.

Recommending Donek or Coiler. Metal will turn tighter so do not down size. I would stay in the low 170's. Donek Metal 171 FC... And all the metal boards are getting great reviews. Good luck! I am picking up a Donek this Friday.

You can get a Prior FLC more easily from Chris Prior than a Coiler NSR from Bruce- I seem to recall that Bruce's wait list is now running at a year. I have both Coiler and Prior boards in my quiver, just not the model of boards that you're looking for.

If it was my cash, I would be putting an order for a Coiler ASAP with Bruce. From feedback that I have received from others, dealing with Bruce is one of the joys of getting your board made- he is so knowledgeable and has the skills to craft a board that will fit like a Cinderella shoe.

it helps to actually ask Bruce.

Bruce provides the best bang for the buck I know of and if you listen to his suggestions you will get something spectacular.

My new gotta have it is the GS sized NSR. not saying that's what you should get but I am saying that's my next board unless a cheap kessler GS falls in my lap.

I rode another demo (not a NSR) that was the most unstable board that I've ridden in years but it was build for 170lbs and I weigh like 300 right now so I don't want to **** on the board because I think it had more to do with me than anything wrong with the board.

IIRC Prior's shorter boards tend to be for lighter riders - I would consult with them on that before purchase. With Bruce or Sean of course you can customize to your preference, weight and style. If that cash is burning a hole in your pocket right now, Bruce won't be taking it off your hands for a year or so.

Hi to all

Yesterday place an order at Bruce..... but for the last Year, I was sure that I wanted a FLC Prior. The problem for me is that I could not try the FLC, there's no comments or tryout on the net...nobody heard about the FLC. Was hoping that during the winter some report appear...... It's a first Year model, whit no feedback i think that a lotery......

I'm a 6'2"175lbs.... whit the FLC it would be a good idea to go whit a soften flex......more relax board, little bit slower to initiate the first turn. An extra $70 for the custom flex.... Prior always produce nice board... but a first year model?????

Whit Coiler you have at first you get a lot of comments, evaluation, love declaration, article.... and you have "custom" board.... he's limited is production, I think it's for the best. The waiting list is around August-Sept, and the season is almost finish.... so will be ready for next season.

I was so Prior, but the "Bruce way to do things " convince me to choose a VSR 177 or 174 medium whit 20 waist. A few years model, a "chill out" less Hoockie (from flc description..hi hi hi) board.

Funny your thread....did the same in the Québec section few days ago!!!

hope help you... did all the thinking if I can give you some other infos....

write me a mail.....

Yamash