Note to New Members ×

Just got back from the ECES...

drummr25

As a total FNG- i just wanted to tell everyone here pretty much what you already knew. Everyone i met couldn't have been a nicer, more helpful group of people to hang out with, and teach me this addicting sport. I had a total of about 8 days and maybe 20hrs max in hardboots on a carving board before coming to the ECES- and i feel like i progressed so much after this experience. Totally worth the 8hr solo drive for me each way. I'd do it again (and hope to) and if anyone is on the fence about trying this in the future...just DO IT. Special thanks go out to Rob (motocross helmet) PSR Eric (legendary teachings), Dave, Tom, Paul, CarveFather- and any/everyone else i might- (and probably did) miss. Hope to see all you guys at the next one- i hope to be rippin' it up by then! :eplus2::eplus2:

I'm the dude in the middle so you peeps will remember who i was...Thanks for taking the pic Dave!

27255_339050669718_503044718_3317358_1122763_n.jpg

Saddly I'm stuck in the Kitchen today :( Yesterday and today look like BLUEBIRDS too ARGH..... I got a spare moment between services to pop in and check the forum (for sanity sake). I didnt get to ride with ya, but I'm sure you had a blast as even though all I had time to do was a few hours, it still beats sitting @ home!

As to the pic, yer welcome :) Wish I had a spare day to sit out on the slopes with a nice SLR and nail some action shots, but it just wasn't in the cards for the week :( Hopefully Sean (donek) got some good actions.

Everyone @ the sessions are awesome, and beginner or pro alike it is all about just going out and making turns, laughing, critiquing, drinking, BSing, and having fun!

Hope to see ya again up here soon next season! :biggthump

only been home 11.5 hours and quickly dipping into withdrawal. Thursday and Friday were just unreal days, both days easily made my Top 5 carving days of all time. Something about sunshine and chalk.:biggthump

Billy, met you on the lift first thing Thursday, I hope your day went well and Lou good to meet you at the Inn bar banquet night. If you guys can make BMES this year comeon up. We havent set a day yet. Looking 12th 19th or 26th. We can spend some time with lessons if you guys are interested.

Thanks goes out to all of those that made this year's event happen. Very cool event!!!! The wife is hating that I demoed great boards from Bruce and Sean, but you folks understand.

I hope folks can DL pics of the event. I will try and post some of the helmet cam stuff I got yesterday on my youtube.

Thanks Again now let me get back to imagining setting an edge down Grizzly or polar. ARGH!!!

Sadly I have to say the snow was better this morning then thursday or Friday. Set up very nice we were on the lift at 7:10AM today with PaulK, Eric and Jay. Met up later with Lisa, Jose and Gabb (sp?)

Home now because it got real crowded. Back again tomorrow for first lift.

Thanks to everyone for coming and makes this an outstanding event.

Alex

Yeah I figured it was going to be a Zoo there this weekend and all the traffic I saw on the way down 91 confirmed it. Alex, I cant say enough about how well this went. Huge props to you, Steph and all the crew that allowed us to have such a great time. I have to say Stratton really shined this time:biggthump

Please get me your home address so I can take care of that for you.

Everyone i met couldn't have been a nicer, more helpful group of people to hang out with, .......

27255_339050669718_503044718_3317358_1122763_n.jpg

You got some pretty low standards if your saying that about those guys! :rolleyes::ices_ange

Outstanding event on all sides, especially the well executed efforts of the people who put it all together. Everything taken into account, I can't remember ever having a better time snowboarding than the last few days. Thanks again!

It was an awesome event! I'm really happy to have met and carved with all the new people. So many good riders!! who knew there could be so many trenches dug. I can only imagine all the slider/skidders getting upset over our ruts!! special thanks to the people who put the event on. It could not have been better snow and weather. I hope to ride with everyone again:lol:

This was my first taste of ECES and it was pretty sweet! It was brief for me (arrived on Friday) but still got a chance to meet and ride with lots of great carvers. Thanks to Joerg and Ray at the Pureboarding clinic. It was fun ... think I learned a thing or two :biggthump.

Still a few of us left after Friday, so it was nice hooking up for some runs over the weekend. Looking forward to the next event; would definitely love to do it again!

Gabe