Note to New Members ×

carving at jackson hole

caspercarver

what do you think? carving on bluebird sunny days at JHSkiResor last week. Cheers

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWPeH_kjzkA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

hey, I was there the first week of feb, I looked for you but didn't see any other hb'ers. although some kid called down at me from the chairlift and yelled "hey it's the casper carver!"

Too bad we didn't see each other. JH Resort only has two other regular hardbooters and one is a full time instructor and the other full time racer. in other words i have the place to myself mostly. if you come out next year send me an email. :biggthump

Very cool!!!! :biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

Like all the different angles - tells a cool story. Hope you didn't hurt that fence too much. :eek::eek:

i lost my balance and did three turns out of control trying to get it back but then the fence jumped out and hit me :) did knock the wind out of me but no injury. i wear a helmet pretty regular now, never know when something is going to get in your way:biggthump

hi CASPERCARVER

great video as always. the riding was nearly eclipsed by the music!

Nice Music great vid for the music selection..

i’m not a rap fan but a big jazz fan. can’t tell you who did the song but the piece sampled was WATERMELON MAN by jazz keyboardist HERBIE HANCOCK.

if i remember correctly the song title is Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia) by "Us3" from the album "hand on the torch" from 1993

i think It's a remade version of Herbie Hancock 's song "Cantaloupe Island".

Your right about Cantaloop (flip fantasia) i got it off an old compilation cd i found buried. I really think it's perfect for the video:cool:.

if i remember correctly the song title is Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia) by "Us3" from the album "hand on the torch" from 1993

i think It's a remade version of Herbie Hancock 's song "Cantaloupe Island".

hi CARVINGCHEF

thanks for the info. i’ve never heard of us3 or flip fantasia (i'm afraid i am dating myself as an old fart) but i did pull out my old copies of both CANTALOUPE ISLAND and WATERMELON MAN and listened to them again. you are right it is CANTALOUPE ISLAND and not WATERMELON MAN. guess i got the names of both tunes mixed up since HERBIE HANCOCK almost always combines the 2 songs as a long drawn out medley during his live concerts. the fact that they are both similar compositions (jazz fusion blues in F) further added to my confusion. gotta make a mental note to keep both tunes separated in my mental filing cabinet. should be easy enough as there are basically only 3 chords in CANTALOUPE ISLAND--Fm7, Db7 and Dm7 lol.

Your right about Cantaloop (flip fantasia) i got it off an old compilation cd i found buried. I really think it's perfect for the video:cool:.

hi CASPERCARVER

i just watched your video again (for about the 5th time) tonight. it seems to get better with each additional viewing lol.

do you take requests? noticed you were leaving near perfect symmetrical tracks in the snow (i.e. heelside carves looked identical to toeside carves.) furthermore done on an assymetrical board no less! everytime i see thin symmetrical tracks in the snow i always think of the song WATERMELON MAN because of the near “mathematical” symmetry of its composition. sorry but i’ve always approached music mathematically rather than melodically lol. in future i hope you will post a video that focuses more on the perfectly symmetrical lines that you leave in the snow scored with the song WATERMELON MAN. i would really be stoked to see (and listen to) that! check out WATERMELON MAN below:

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYDH0ZGoo_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

thanks for the info. i’ve never heard of us3 or flip fantasia (i'm afraid i am dating myself as an old fart) but i did pull out my old copies of both CANTALOUPE ISLAND and WATERMELON MAN and listened to them again. you are right it is CANTALOUPE ISLAND and not WATERMELON MAN. guess i got the names of both tunes mixed up since HERBIE HANCOCK almost always combines the 2 songs as a long drawn out medley during his live concerts. the fact that they are both similar compositions (jazz fusion blues in F) further added to my confusion. gotta make a mental note to keep both tunes separated in my mental filing cabinet. should be easy enough as there are basically only 3 chords in CANTALOUPE ISLAND--Fm7, Db7 and Dm7 lol.
Hi tenorman

i remember i really liked that song when it came out in 93 a year before my son was born (who is the old fart now?) and the funny thing is that my son "arclite" the drummer lately is into jazz or jazz fusion and about a month ago i was thinking of that song and i was telling him that i thought he would like it so we looked for it on youtube so when i watched caspercarver video i knew right away

hi CASPERCARVER

i just watched your video again (for about the 5th time) tonight. it seems to get better with each additional viewing lol.

do you take requests? noticed you were leaving near perfect symmetrical tracks in the snow (i.e. heelside carves looked identical to toeside carves.) furthermore done on an assymetrical board no less! everytime i see thin symmetrical tracks in the snow i always think of the song WATERMELON MAN because of the near “mathematical” symmetry of its composition. sorry but i’ve always approached music mathematically rather than melodically lol. in future i hope you will post a video that focuses more on the perfectly symmetrical lines that you leave in the snow scored with the song WATERMELON MAN. i would really be stoked to see (and listen to) that! check out WATERMELON MAN below:

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYDH0ZGoo_M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

glad you like the video. i was watching it last night on a friends 50 inch plasma, wow! your idea sounds cool i have a new hd camera so will see what happens, cheers!

2:01 - awesome camera angle!

It makes him look like a bobble head, except the head isn't moving. :biggthump

Collision with the fence at 1:57.

miscalculation of velocity?

ya, more like a bobble-body with a still head, and concentrating on stare-ing at that camera the whole time was tough,:)

miscalculation i think...if you can slow down the video at about 1:49 i am directly over the board, then at 1'50 i am waaaaay in the backseat, at that point i went to switch and it looked like i had recovered and if i had had another three feet i would have made the transition out and missed the fence. cheers.