Note to New Members ×

Help selecting new boots.

CuoreSprv

Been riding with good ole' Blax Franz for a few years now, liners are falling apart, and yesterday I could not get "clicked" into riding from walking mode for couple hours. So it's time for new ones, me thinks.

Was thinking something like Track 325 would be a good fit for me, 130 pounds, but ride very aggressive. Or Maybe something stiffer like the the Track 700, UPZ or the Head ones? Any suggestions?

this is what I ride mostly: IMGP0732.JPG (and the 172 softer version for East cost so-called snow)

the fit on the blax'es is ok. They seem pretty short compared to more modern boots. I have very skinny lower leg parts, so to I have to put buckles on the latest notch possible which depending on the socks not always make it tight

Are you talking about your calves or your heels? If you have narrow ankles, I would recommend the UPZ. I have quite narrow ankles but am wide at the toes and the UPZ's work very well for me.

Are you talking about your calves or your heels? If you have narrow ankles, I would recommend the UPZ. I have quite narrow ankles but am wide at the toes and the UPZ's work very well for me.

Very similar - like to have some space around toes and narrow ankles. But wouldn't the UPZ be too stiff for me?

Very similar - like to have some space around toes and narrow ankles. But wouldn't the UPZ be too stiff for me?

maybe not if you got the softer version of that boot, the rtr or whatever it's called. I have not been in the rtr though so I can't give a for sure answer.

RTR ? I only see the stiffer model (RC 10) on their site for sale in US, or am I missing something?

How much do you weigh? They're not terrifically stiff unless you are a very lightweight rider. You can alter the flex with different tongues too, they come with a black (mediu flex) tongue but there are grey (stiff) and white (soft) tongues too. Laterally they are very, very stiff, but fore and aft they are quite supple.

If you have a narrow heel, you will eventually encounter side-to-side slop in the heads, that is what happened to me. I had to perform lots of modifications to the heads to make them flex the way I wanted to, whereas the UPZ were perfect right out of the box. I could never imagine going back to head boots after switching to the UPZ.

How much do you weigh? They're not terrifically stiff unless you are a very lightweight rider. You can alter the flex with different tongues too, they come with a black (mediu flex) tongue but there are grey (stiff) and white (soft) tongues too. Laterally they are very, very stiff, but fore and aft they are quite supple.

If you have a narrow heel, you will eventually encounter side-to-side slop in the heads, that is what happened to me. I had to perform lots of modifications to the heads to make them flex the way I wanted to, whereas the UPZ were perfect right out of the box. I could never imagine going back to head boots after switching to the UPZ.

130 pounds.. but using softer tongues seems like great idea