Note to New Members ×

Highlander board & Seabright bindings?

ZetaTre

I'm about to pull the trigger on this setup, but wanted to get a better idea of what I'm buying since the seller knows nothing about it (he said he found it in his shed)... LOL!!

snowboardA.jpgsnowboardB.jpg

PS: I don't understand why people put stickers on their board... I hate them just as much as bumper stickers.

For the price that he wants, buy it!

If you don't like it, I'll pay you back the whooping 45$ and the shipping. I contacted him to buy, few weeks ago, but he wouldn't ship...

I have 2 Highlanders, 167 cap, light wood and 168 sidewall, dark wood. I like wooden top sheets, as you can tell :D

They are not quite all-mountain boards, rather full-on carvers... Nose is abrupt and flex is stiff. No fun in the soft of choppy snow. However, great grip on hard pack and lots of rebound. Relativelly small sweet spot.

For the price that he wants, buy it!

If you don't like it, I'll pay you back the whooping 45$ and the shipping. I contacted him to buy, few weeks ago, but he wouldn't ship...

I have 2 Highlanders, 167 cap, light wood and 168 sidewall, dark wood. I like wooden top sheets, as you can tell :D

They are not quite all-mountain boards, rather full-on carvers... Nose is abrupt and flex is stiff. No fun in the soft of choppy snow. However, great grip on hard pack and lots of rebound. Relativelly small sweet spot.

Deal!!! You should have asked: I'm also on few car forums and I often buy parts for others on CL and ship when the original seller wouldn't do so...

I was more son interested in the bindings since I got a board for my wife and didn't want to spend to much in case she doesn't end up using it. But I'll give the board a try too and see how it runs

I picked up the board today and it was all dirty and full of stickers.

I took it home, removed all the stickers and cleaned and.... what a beautiful board!!!! I'll snap some pix tomorrow but I think it's gonna be a keeper just because it looks too good. And I'm thinking it's gonna be fun to ride too. I'll take some pix tomorrow...

The bindings are in the classified section. Don't know much about them, but they look vintage

Here's what I've been able to take tonight... I used some "Old English" that my wife uses to clean the furnitures and it really brought out the beauty of the wood.... Only thing is it nows reflects the flash... ehehehe

I'll take few more tomorrow with natural light

DSC03571.jpg

DSC03566.jpg

There are few dings on the top surface but it still looks a gorgeous board like I've never seen before. I'm sure either the TDs or the Catek that I bought would complement it nicely...

Yup, that's my favorite too. I really need to restore both Highlanders and Asym Alp, to the full glory. I still need an Arbor and a Pogo...

Hey, to see more woodies, look at this old tread:

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11376

You can post yours there too...

I'll post it tomorrow, when I get some better pix. How do you restore them?

All I did was remove the stickers & stomp pad and used some Goof Off to remove all the leftover glue. Then I washed with soap and dry it. Once it was all dry I polished it with some Old English... Now I wanna take it out for a ride... :p

blueB

you need a phenix ( seb perret the shaper is freesurf's second shaper), a boheme, and a swellpanik ( call the banker)to add to the woodies you got.

I got from Seb a later highlander with a very short nose (much more racing oriented) was so stiff and springy was dangerous...)

http://www.phenix-snowboards.com/

http://www.en.boheme.fr/

http://www.swellpanik.com/

another one is clone pretty cool:

http://www.clone-ind.com/

I knew you would come up with those 3! And I know I would need my banker... So the official excuse is that I don't collect woody swallies ;) Still kicking my but for not picking a local Freesurf woody swallowtail few years ago, for a kinda reasonable (yet still expensive) price. Phenix has his roots in Freesudr, right?

Care to post the pic of that racy Highlander? Have you ridden a normal model?

Yes they are pretty stiff as is. My brown one seem to be even stiffer then the yellow one. I rode only the yellow one, though.

Thanks, I saw it when it listed. Tried to talk the seller into BIN for board only, to no avail...

I've got a feeling this is going to sell for a bit more then I'm willing to pay for a wall hanger - as beautifull as they are, the alpine Arbors, apparently, don't ride great.