Note to New Members ×

Ses 2010

Donek

The sun shone all day. I spent about 45 min this morning shooting. These were all taken with the D700 and 200-400 f4.

I shot a few familiar faces to start.

785730823_KsJHD-L.jpg

785730983_ouLqG-L.jpg

a lot easier on the eyes

785730423_hs6aG-L.jpg

and some riding shots

785731213_nH2nu-L.jpg

trappy

785732243_555s3-L.jpg

785729388_x9HYP-L.jpg

785733675_9sWfk-L.jpg

785732867_SXe8B-L.jpg

785732969_BiUK2-L.jpg

When I walked back down the hill the tend was going strong.

785729953_HGdRS-L.jpg

There are of course more here:

http://www.donek.smugmug.com/Sports/Snowboard-and-Ski/SES-2010/11164935_y5NHM

sean, great work as always! thanks for taking all the time to take pictures. it's always fun to see a good riding shot, and it's easy to get them if the photographer is talented.

it also helps if you're a camera whore! which i was. ;) i was also a board whore too. i think i may have ridden other boards more than my own last week. (but not even close to how many demos the montucky boys rode.) :D

if you see sean on the hill, make some turns for him. the results are usually great. :biggthump

wun: i'm a bol member; not talented enough at anything to be pro (except maybe tv watching); you'd be better off riding a 2x4 from home depot than anything i'd ever try to build. :eek:

-trent

• 1 month later...

Trent, do you use rope tow glove protectors? I have a pair, but always hated using them (for the rope tow, that is.... my hands are never near enough to the snow to worry about wrecking gloves that way!). They are too big for my hands, I guess, and I can't function when I have them on. Great idea, though!

kinpa, yep they're rope tow guards. wrist guards + hard, man-made snow = trashed mittens. :) i usually find them for $7 - $10 and go through at least 2 to 3 pair a season. but it's cheaper than wrecking mittens all the time. and i'm too lazy to do the tool dip or sewing projects i've seen others do to protect their gloves. they can be a problem in spring conditions / powder though. they get packed with snow, and start to act like a shovel! eek!

-trent