Note to New Members ×

Jackson Hole Rub In!

Jack M

thanks, it was great. I rode for 4 days, and had 2 days of sun, 1 day of snow (6"), 1 day of clouds. And it snowed 18" the day before I got there. :D The place was in great shape. It would be easy to avoid groomers there, but I was with a crowd who liked them, and they were spectacular. I got plenty of trees too!

Shred, that pano is 7 shots. That's the view from the Casper chair.

I hate to ask a dumb question but is that a point and shoot camera or a fancy something-or-other? They sure are great pics!

Thanks, not a dumb question. Not quite a point-n-shoot, Canon 5DII with 24-70/2.8L and 70-200/4LIS. Except for the shot of us in the Mangy Moose, that was a p&s Panasonic TS1.

dude, you're making me need to return.

bastid!

Bumped into a girl there that I had instructed with at Sugarloaf, and she had been in JH 10 years. They call it "getting stuck in the hole". I can totally see how it would happen. The place is magical. I hear its just as good in the summer. Whenever I hear from my friends who live thousands of miles from our home town and they're complaining that they have to take a week's vacation just to visit their parents, I chuckle at them. But being in JH I was half wishing I had made the move.

Bumped into a girl there that I had instructed with at Sugarloaf, and she had been in JH 10 years. They call it "getting stuck in the hole". I can totally see how it would happen. The place is magical. I hear its just as good in the summer. Whenever I hear from my friends who live thousands of miles from our home town and they're complaining that they have to take a week's vacation just to visit their parents, I chuckle at them. But being in JH I was half wishing I had made the move.

Great pictures!!

Talk to alot of local. There aren't tons of year around jobs. Most ppl does odd job here and there to make it through. Me and my one trick pony butt is out of luck :( I guess it's a life style choice. Always envy those who can pursuit what they really wanted.

--

David

Thanks, not a dumb question. Not quite a point-n-shoot, Canon 5DII with 24-70/2.8L and 70-200/4LIS. Except for the shot of us in the Mangy Moose, that was a p&s Panasonic TS1.

yeah, luckily I only day tripped from CO otherwise I'd of been sucked in. for the record though most western ski towns are awesome in the summer.