Note to New Members ×

Carving instructors near Boston

facialhairtuesday

So a couple of the guys on the forum have volunteered their services with regards to helping out a new hardbooter (me) and while I greatly appreciate the offers, and plan on taking them up on it at some point this season, I just spent a few days out in colorado and my carving was...poor...to say the least. granted, we were at mary jane, which isn't exactly the most carving friendly terrain/snow, but still....

So I wanted to find out if anyone had any recommendations for instructors around Boston (like, 2 - 2.5 hours from boston max) that could help me out, or if it's not worth the $ and I should just go with one of the guys that has volunteered to help

Thanks mucho

So a couple of the guys on the forum have volunteered their services with regards to helping out a new hardbooter (me) and while I greatly appreciate the offers, and plan on taking them up on it at some point this season, I just spent a few days out in colorado and my carving was...poor...to say the least. granted, we were at mary jane, which isn't exactly the most carving friendly terrain/snow, but still....

So I wanted to find out if anyone had any recommendations for instructors around Boston (like, 2 - 2.5 hours from boston max) that could help me out, or if it's not worth the $ and I should just go with one of the guys that has volunteered to help

Thanks mucho

steve Fleck is closest

I know most of the people around here probably the best I know for newb would be eric brammer AKA PSR

there is one member here who is completely incompetent but advertises as being qualified email me for the name.

what are you up to sunday or saturday night?

I'll try to help you sort some things out.....

I heard a rumor that there were gates setup at Ski Ward. I've never been there, but since I work in Marlborough it's quite close for me. I also just started on alpine gear this season.

I'm usually at Wachusett on Tuesdays/Thursdays nights and regularly meet up with 3 or 4 other hardbooters.

I heard a rumor that there were gates setup at Ski Ward. I've never been there, but since I work in Marlborough it's quite close for me. I also just started on alpine gear this season.

I'm usually at Wachusett on Tuesdays/Thursdays nights and regularly meet up with 3 or 4 other hardbooters.

you the guy on the ultra prime I met the other night?

I go to wachusett regularly during weekday evenings, also currently riding a donek Axxess...but have a coiler vsr 'in the mail'. I would probably be no help though since I am still trying to figure this out too, I am not near qualified to give any advise. But if you (or any of these guys that say they go to wawa (why haven't I run into you guys yet?) ) want to meet up, just give me a heads up.

I go to wachusett regularly during weekday evenings, also currently riding a donek Axxess...but have a coiler vsr 'in the mail'. I would probably be no help though since I am still trying to figure this out too, I am not near qualified to give any advise. But if you (or any of these guys that say they go to wawa (why haven't I run into you guys yet?) ) want to meet up, just give me a heads up.

ohh I don't know, just riding with people and watching others helps me sort out what I'm doing wrong sometimes because I see other riders make the same mistakes I make and by watching someone else screw it up I can help myself break bad habits. OR on the flip side riding with better riders pushes me.

for new riders it's just getting out there and learning how to balance on a edge is tough. instruction speeds it up espescailly with someone that's good at teaching but there's no replacement for lots of hill time either.

come on up to ward on tuesdays...check the gate training at ward thread in the MA ride board...

I beleive there is one instructor at Loon that will give hardboot lessons (RJ?).

Docrob:

You should be able to find some hardbooters at Loon Mtn. (Lincoln, NH) most weekends. Waterville and Sunapee are also possibilities. Post up as to when you will be here and I'm sure you can find someone around to watch. I doubt it will be wall-to-wall ice.

Bob, you know where any carvers meet up further north in NH so I can go watch when i'm over in a couple of weeks.

Although looks like it'll be wall to wall ice.

yeah, go meet up with John Deere, look in the videos section of this site to seem those boys ride. they got the skills.

if you're near boston hit ward at night or give me a holler and I'll come out for a bit to wachusett if you can make it there.