Note to New Members ×

Heel Lift - Deeluxe T 700T

CarvingScooby

6'-220lbs with gears

MP27

BTS Medium (Blue springs)

Thermo liners SPEED model, molded and very comfortable. (Use less thn 20 days)

Issue: Mid buckle loose. Notch use the last one and micro adjuster set to the shortest.

By adjusting BTS to forward lean and compress both upper & lower springs, the heal lift is reduce. With heavy gears under the boot (TD & plates) problem heel lift persist. Anyone, have same issue/problem and answer?

Wud these new DEELUXE liners will solve the issue/problem, which one?

Deeluxe Speed TF Red

xctmp1vOFze.png

Deeluxe 141 Liner

xctmpiwfYFI.png

Thanks

Roy

The Zips are silicone and cork and it flows around your ankle, always, the Conformables are pressure foamed in with cork and silicone, both will absolutely fill in the heel and ankle and leave lots of room for the toes, I have used 26 zips(2 pair) but I see you are a 27.

The Zips are silicone and cork and it flows around your ankle, always, the Conformables are pressure foamed in with cork and silicone, both will absolutely fill in the heel and ankle and leave lots of room for the toes, I have used 26 zips(2 pair) but I see you are a 27.

Thanks, I'll check their site. And thanks for the offers on the liners but I'll go the same size as my toes and Frodo:p like wide feet almost fill in all empty shell space.

Cheers

Roy

Pretty much eliminated. I used to have to really crank down hard on the second buckle. Then the outside of my foot ached. I also added 1/8" lifts under the heals and they are duct taped down to the inside of the shell. Now I can just use light to normal tension and all is good.

Even if this does not work 100% the first time, it costs little (other than an uncomfortable run or two) to try different configurations. I had to taper the edges so that they were smoother. The original set up had two layers of rectangles. The edges really read through the liners. I used a razor knife to carve the edges down. I still want to sand them a bit. and if I go too far I will just peel it off and do it again.

Hey Bro,

Haven't I ever shown you any of my liners?

I pretty much have to pad every type with the foam (cheep option is wether strip from dollar store), due to narrow heels/bony ankles/multiple bone spurs. The worst boot shape for me is Raichle/Deelue SB (what you like to call Raichle shape) and 2nd worse is AF shape (what you like to call Deeluxe shape). In those, I had to achilles-pad even the mighty Zip-Fit liners. I had the lift even when I went one size too small shells, which is too tight for me in the fore foot.

With Dalbello shell and Zip-Fits I had close to 0 heellift and after padding the liners to try them in Suzukas, I ended up with literal 0 lift in Dalbellos. Still have to crank on the buckles somewhat...

With your stubborn ankle buckle, there are few solutions:

- Redrill and reinstall the "leadder" part, so you can tighten more;

- Add padding under the liner to lift entire foot up;

- Add padding on top of the liner under that buckle;

- Add Zip-Fit "half-sock" around the existing liner - I have one that you can try

Finally, the best solution:

Get rid of the Deeluxe boots. Ride your new UPZs. When I tried a pair of these in my size, last year, I seemed to have 0 heel lift, out of the box.

B

I have (mostly, had) the same problem in some 325T's (SB shell)

Go to tognar, pick out a few heel pads. add them to your cart.

Then, go grab their "eliminator" tongue pads, buy those too. They pad the upper portion as well as the ankle area.

Put your heelpads on the outside, and the "eliminator"s on the inside of the inner wrap of your thermomold (you do have thermomold liners, right?) liner.

This should help a lot, made a very significant difference for me, but it's still not perfect. I do want to try the AF shell and/or some other brands eventually.

I also had some trouble with heel lift on my T700T. I fixed it by inserting an insole with thick heel plus arch support. Now my feet are super comfy with no pain on the arch and I can now ride really hard 3 days in a row without any problem. :1luvu:

You can purchase those support insoles from the most sport shops. It costs around 30 to 50 dollars.

I mean, T700 is very roomy around the ankle and arch, so one solution is to add extra foam structure around the heel to hold it, another solution is to bring arch and heel upward for a tighter fit....

Thanks Mike,

Are they moldable liners? And w/o tighten/solve the loose mid buckle liners will hold?

Roy

zip fits are pretty good better than thermos but he mentioned conformable brand which is a foam injection liner, these are the absolute best for a snug responsive fit. a few brands are available, the cheapest are UPZ, talk to yoja for those cost around $300 others range from 450 to 700 but dare I say it are worth it if you want the most responsive and snuggest fit.

the deeluxe liners in recent years got thinner and are of a lower density maybe those red ones are better but even the older grey ones pack out fast and I was remolding every 30 or so days. the black ones are worse, I don't like them much at all. I can't imagine them working well if you have a low volume foot.

• 1 year later...
6'-220lbs with gears

MP27

Issue: Mid buckle loose. Notch use the last one and micro adjuster set to the shortest.

By adjusting BTS to forward lean and compress both upper & lower springs, the heal lift is reduce. With heavy gears under the boot (TD & plates) problem heel lift persist. Anyone, have same issue/problem and answer?

Problem SOLVED!! Replace Ankle "Strap" to a shorter 18cm instead original 20cm straps come with the boot - Parts courtesy YYZCanucks (Thanks to DM). No more movement inside shell, no more heel lift.:biggthump

RT