Note to New Members ×

ECES to Sponsor Tyler Jewell! You can help!

Jack M

This year the ECES is proudly sponsoring one American Olympic PGS racer - Tyler Jewell! All proceeds from the event will be donated. However as we strive to keep costs down for our participants, there usually isn't a huge sum left over, so any extra donations will be greatly appreciated. For this reason, we are limiting our sponsorship to just one racer at this time. If a windfall of donations comes in, we will consider spreading it to the other US Olympic racers.

ECES T-shirt and raffle ticket sales will be used to generate our donation to Tyler. If you would like to contribute more than that to Tyler's ECES sponsorship, you may Pay Pal your donation to me at michaud.jack(at)gmail.com. Make sure you reference Tyler Jewell. Because the ECES happens after the Olympics, I will be personally fronting a minimum donation of $500 to Tyler before the Olympics.

This is a huge opportunity for the freecarving community to come together and show our support for our racing brethren. Tyler has worked hard and sacrificed much to live the racer's dream and get a college education, including living in a tent! I hope we can make a significant donation and help get Tyler to Vancouver. The time for us to step up is now!

Here are some info and articles about Tyler and his quest:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/athlete=2452/index.html

http://www.teamusa.org/news/2009/07/20/going-for-the-gold-tyler-jewell/14440

http://skiing.teamusa.org/athletes/tyler-jewell?cmpid=2&keyword=Tyler%20Jewell

http://www.ussnowboarding.com/athletes/athlete?athleteId=1176

Thanks to Phil Fell for helping to put us in touch with Tyler.

Pay Pal your donation to michaud.jack(at)gmail.com and reference Tyler Jewell. (replace "(at)" with "@")

02452_142x190.jpg

Thanks!!!

Congrats Tyler, I'll be looking for our ECES sticker on your Kessler:D

Dig deep boys and girls and contribute to a once in a life time chance to contribute to an Olympian, I certainly will be helping out.

So far we have received extra donations from 3 people only. Come on folks I know we can provide a lot more than that.

I would love to donate to the cause (and get a shot at some new gear) by buying some raffle tickets. Is that possible for geographically-challenged riders like me that can't make the ECES? I can pay with postal money order or personal check if that's better than PayPal for this.

ah, sorry Dan, you have to be present to win ECES raffle prizes. But hey, no donation is too small.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far! The ECES family will help get Tyler there in style!

Just to clarify/as a reminder - ECES T-shirt and raffle ticket sales will also go towards our group donation to Tyler. These will be on sale at the banquet. Raffle tickets are $5, and if you buy the maximum of 5 tickets, you get the t-shirt (best shirt yet by the way!). Any donation sent to my pay pal account will be separate from t-shirt/ticket sales, and will not buy you any tickets or shirts.

If all you would like to do is buy tickets/shirts, that is totally cool, and there is nothing you need to do at this time. If you would like to do more than that, you may send to my pay pal account.

If you were confused about this and you intended the donation you already made on Tuesday 1/26 to cover shirts/tickets, let me know and we will take care of that.