Note to New Members ×

Should I buy these bindings?

Guest DemoC

I am just starting out with alpine gear this season (although I'm not totally new to the carving game) and I need some bindings.

I noticed this item on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21248&item=7108275905&rd=1

Do you think I should buy it? (keep in mind that I'm just starting out). I read the reviews on this website and they made me a little sceptical.

The bid ends very soon... any advice would be appreciated.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend back in europe had this bindings and he was around 75 kg (how many lbs?), he was a beginner also and after 3 years he still has them with no complains. Now if you are relatively heavy (>180lbs) and you are going to push the board really hard, or make jumps and stress the bindings,...the bails may snap or some other part may break!

The horror stories around Burton bindings started with a number of them breaking and snapping as you can read in the review section of this site, but one should remember that the number of Burton bindings produced and still in use out there is huge in comparison to any other bindings. You can almost see them on any ski resort, anywhere on the planet. So, the probabilities of damage reports increases relatively as well.

just my 2 cents

Many riders including pro's (like Chris Klug, US team) ride with the "race" version of the Burton bindings (don't know if he still does). I had them and I had no problem with them (although again people report breaking those as well)..here is an ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21248&item=7109157826&rd=1

I believe these were also for sale (used) in the classified section of this forum. look there,..

Burton Carrier bindings were my first pair of bindings in 1997. Sure they say retail for $179, but no one would pay that.

Is there 4x4 plates in addition to the 3 hole? The 3 hole will only fit Burton snowboards.

Carriers are mostly plastic and the problem that I had was that the plastic would shrink in cold temps on the mtn and would be too tight from my adjustments set indoors.

F2 sells a great binding at a low price, check those out, they are quality.

I would pass on the Carrier bindings or any other Burton binding for that matter.

Guest AlpentalRider

The burton race bindings would be fine for you. I would not buy from U12 either. Try and find someone else selling them. You should be able to get them for around $100 new.

Guest AlpentalRider

yea, u12 isn't trustworthy. I've dealt with him once and decided not to buy from him after that. Plus, his payment options alone are reason to not buy from him. They totally contradict themselves in his own listing, so stay clear or your asking for problems.

Guest Thomas_S

Hehe.

Your kidding me, right?

Well, I'll have to demand an Escrow service...

I purchased his Race bindings yesterday. Then today I find this thread.

Luck sucks. Thats what I get for just skimming through feedback late at night.

AlpentalRider, what happened in your transaction?

Thomas,

A few weeks ago I bought a pair of race physics from this guy,..I made a payment by paypal,..then he got back to me and said that he made a mistake,..and he had not race physics,..but carreer physics and tried to sell those to me. I said that I absolutely want the other model and asked for a refund. Within 24 hours I got my full refund by paypal again. So, it was a mistake in my case and he acted promptly. Fair is fair.

Guest Todd Stewart

if you're just starting out they would probally be fine, i have a similar build as you and rode them for 5 years before they broke. Its a pretty fair price as far as bindings go.

• 1 year later...
yea, u12 isn't trustworthy. I've dealt with him once and decided not to buy from him after that. Plus, his payment options alone are reason to not buy from him. They totally contradict themselves in his own listing, so stay clear or your asking for problems.

There have been some posts regarding ebay user u12 saying they have had problems with payment and being untrustworthy because of it, but the truth of the matter is being set up as a personal account on paypal is free of charge and there is no loss risk as long as you take verified payment, ship to a confirmed address and you cant take credit cards.

The flip side is if you are set up with a business account you get fees on every transaction regardless of how it is funded and paypal passes on the loss risk to the seller. So there has been confusion trying to explain payment policy and making it easy for buyers for this we apologize.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

But often buyers don’t read and send unacceptable payment, which is denied. Way to often buyers fail to pay regardless of payment options and negative feedback is left for all non payers regardless of “excuses” often they retaliate with negative feedback on u12.<o:p></o:p>

99% of the negative feedback received is from non-payer retaliation, u12 is not out there ripping off anyone. <o:p></o:p>

U12 takes pride in providing hard to find snowboard gear for those who want it but at times supply and demand will dictate price if it is to expensive then don’t buy it but if you do buy and pay you will get what you paid for it’s that simple.<o:p></o:p>

U12 takes responsibility for any mistakes made but unfortunately there is little tolerance for ignorance and stupidity (like the uneducated that think g w bush is looking out for America and Americans first) there is a soup nazi mentality if you will, u12 won’t put up with ignorance if there is a problem convey it in a civil tone it will get taken care of

Wow...digging up an ancient thread...

Dennis, I'll say to you what I said to the other guy. Keep your politics to political boards...

Otherwise, keep at it - you seem to be a decent source of carving gear...but your rants and negative feedback seem to scare some people off.

Wow...digging up an ancient thread...

Dennis, I'll say to you what I said to the other guy. Keep your politics to political boards...

Otherwise, keep at it - you seem to be a decent source of carving gear...but your rants and negative feedback seem to scare some people off.

dont look at it as rants most people dont pay attention or even care about what happens in this country and that is unfortunante.

i have supported snowboarders and snowboarding for over 20 years take it for what its worth

dont look at it as rants most people dont pay attention or even care about what happens in this country and that is unfortunante.

as far as gear goes i do have several plate bindings from kids to race plates and physics plates new and used , new hard boots under size 9.5 and factory primes and ultra primes new never mounted , i have also direct imported shimano clicker boots if anyone is in need , swallowtails ,fishtails, splitboards , powdersurfers, race boards , snowskates , pipe , park yeah we do it all !

yes well...this isn't the place for you to run a business either try the Classifieds if you want to sell things. I'm a firm beleiver in you reap what you sow

Maybe we should review the rules of the forum for dennis and that SM guy...

We feel some basic ground rules for posting threads are needed:

#1. Flaming, name-calling, or otherwise abusive behavior is inappropriate and is not within the spirit of this community. Attacking a BomberOnline member on a personal level is not allowed. If you have a gripe with someone, take it to e-mail.

#2. Flame Wars are counter productive and serve no purpose. Any thread that is a Flame War in progress or any thread that may start (intentional or unintentional) Flame War will be either locked-out or deleted.

#3. Racial slurs, excessive profanity, and sexual language will not be tolerated. Images which might be considered sexually provocative or offensive to others must not be posted nor referenced (hyperlinked). Please use your best judgment.

#4. Please refrain from slandering or otherwise calling into disrepute other Carving Community members. It is not constructive to the community culture and will reflect poorly upon us as a group.

#5. Purely political or religious threads are prohibited. This community is already too small to be subdivided into left, right, and center. Snowboarding threads that become political or religious will be closely monitored, and tolerated only if the discussion is somewhat relevant to snowboarding. If you feel the need for a political statement, we suggest going to one of these sites:

http://www.uspoliticsonline.com/ or http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics.

#6. We realize that some members will be less technically inclined than others. However, if possible, please do a search of the Forum first before asking basic questions. Odds are your question has been asked before.

#7. You are only allowed to register ONE user name and you are not allowed to register with the intent to falsely impersonate someone. This should be basic knowledge, but apparently some people still need a refresher on this. Doing so will result in being warned, spanked, banned for a period of time, or banned indefinitely.

#8. The forum managers and moderators are present to ensure the smooth operation of this community. They do this on a volunteer basis because of their love of alpine snowboarding; please respect their contribution. Remember that we are not here to try and assert authority over anyone.

#9. This is a private web community. You are a member here because you offer something of particular value to the hardboot community. Please, please make an effort to keep these forums an enjoyable experience for each and every member, regardless of their age, gender, race, or apparent technical prowess.

#10. Any off-line attacks or issues with Bomber Industries the company, its owners, or its employees may result is being removed from the forum.

#11. Cross the line on any of the above rules and guidlines and you may be banned from this forum.

Remember folks, this is all for fun, entertainment, and education! And use your best judgment.

Fin

==============================

Bomber Industries, Inc

Email: fin@bomberonline.com

129 W. 10th St. Unit A

P.O. Box 1667, Silverthorne, CO, 80498

970/513-7733 Fax: 970/513-7833

www.bomberonline.com

and:

Please use this page ONLY for the use of buying, selling, or trading of snowboard related gear.

You can only put up a single add for an item. Deleting and then reposting your add to get it up top is not allowed.

Only sale of snowboard specific items are allowed.

Dealer, distributor or new equipment sales are NOT permitted.

BomberOnline is not responsible for any transactions made using the "Classifieds" page.

Fin

Now, would Dennis and SM please add something positive to this community or just get out?

How bout a friggin discount of some sort? Jesus your raping us with those crazy prices on all that dated burton crap.

I'd love to support you Dennis as we all know there's not much out there for alpine gear, but I don't feel like your helping the community much with your Ebay auctions.

Perhaps post some stuff here and offer a substantial discount? Maybe then you can salvage your name here on BOL.