Note to New Members ×

Alpine Day at MC. looking for input.

carvingbassist

:eplus2: hey guys,

my boss at creek is very interested in what we do and is going to be getting in touch with alpine companies to have a demo day for instructors. just looking for suggestions, contacts and maybe guys to come hang and show the instructors at creek what we do. plus getting to see how you guys ride as well for my own thanggg. i think it can be a great success and maybe get some ppl into the community.

:eplus2: hey guys,

my boss at creek is very interested in what we do and is going to be getting in touch with alpine companies to have a demo day for instructors. just looking for suggestions, contacts and maybe guys to come hang and show the instructors at creek what we do. plus getting to see how you guys ride as well for my own thanggg. i think it can be a great success and maybe get some ppl into the community.

Mountain Creek?? Really?? That's surprising and awesome - I've never been but I have heard that you guys cater heavily to the park crowd. I've been thinking of checking it out lately because it is so close to the city. The only shop on the east coast that has any alpine equipment in stock is the StartingGate in VT. I believe that Bomber Industries, Donek, and Hardbooter all have demo by mail programs, so you could probably get set up though one or more of them. I'm sure that any of the NY area carvers would be happy to show up for such an event and help out in any way possible.

Sounds really cool though - great to hear!

When are you hoping to pull this off?

I usually ride MC but with a freestyle board on soft boots because the terrain and the features seem to suit that style of riding better. I'd be down for an Alpine riding session though. I suggest doing it either at Bear peak or early at North peak as those have the best terrain for Alpine riding. I know there are a couple of local Creek riders on this board

Maybe try to co-ordinate something with and or around the ECES dates? Possibly contact ECES organizers and manufacturers for ideas / input?

Some of the MC Posse have supported the (BMES) Blue Mountain Expression Session in the past, so maybe some of the BM riders can make the trek to help represent!?

this is some great stuff here brother....whatever you need you let me know and i'm there for support and also show off some :biggthump

I KNOW for sure the other MC riders will be all :biggthumps for this

I know a few Blue Mtn riders we can prolly coax with a couple of discounted tickets to take the ride.......;)

Count me in as long as the the dates jive. It's cool you are getting some attention from the mountain. Could be the beginning of the end:freak3:

Here's is what we have each year at Blue, but no support or attention from the mountain personnel, most is directed at ski team. Turn out better each year. You could entice some of these folks to go.

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24646&highlight=bmes

I looked into reserving a slope for a 4 hour session at Blue........$1,000 at least.

I would volunteer for on slope pointers and guidance on lift rides up.

Look forward to any updates.

Greg

This sounds like a great idea. Make sure to contact Shawn Orechio from Diablo and I'm sure he would have some great input as I think he had tried this once before. I have recently met with some instructors last week who really look like they are starting to get the carving idea on their freeride boards and need to move up to carving decks. There is at least one instructor on hard gear and at least one ski patroler on a hard deck so make sure to use all your resources. I live in Vernon and ride a good 40 days a year. I would be willing to help out in any way possible.

Good Luck

yeah me and my friend matt and one other instructor are on hard boots. me and matta re more exclusive to it but i cant use it in lessons so i have to switch out to soft rig all day long haha. its worth it tho. i talked to my supervisor today and it seems hes trying to get mostly the instructors on hard boots for a day. but he is going to put the idea of lift tickets to someone higher then he is. even if just demoing for instructors its still a good step forward to doing something more at mtn creek. ill let you guys know if anything else comes up.