Note to New Members ×

From Metal back to Glass, what to expect

Bobby Buggs

After having spent last season solely on metal equipped boards, I rode my fiberglass filled board for a day last week. I had no regrets and a very good time. A little more roughness in the ride quality but nothing your skills won't overcome with ease. I would think that the difference in the board's design criteria will create more difference than the material used to build them. Enjoy

Yes, expect lots of snap. My SG is such a different ride. Going back on my freshly tuned Doneks with TD3's seems like going out on new boards. The ride isnt as smooth but the power is there. Its more agro with tons of rebound and power. I love my Doneks all over again. But, if I go down and switch to the SG my mind is blown all over again.

Keep in mind that new school metal and old glass boards are two very different machines. Metal boards are very good at smoothing out all the junk that gets in your way and provide you a very smooth, comfortable jar free ride. This is a product of the super increased dampness. Dampness comes at the cost of snap or pop. Soo, one has to make up their minds as to what you want. Smooth comfortable ride=metal, aggressive, powerfull and snappy ride=glass. Metal and glass are not an apples to apples compraision. Denfinately different machins disigned to achieve the the same results throught different mechanics.

Think Snow!