Note to New Members ×

Timberline Friday 10/15

Mike T

Anyone care to join me on Friday at TLine?

Lift tickets are $35 (rip-off) but you can get a weekday+ pass for $149 and use it till June 5, including weekends and holidays early and late season (most definitely NOT a rip-off)

Please don't bring your new gear until there is a little more snow.

How about timberline after christmas and before new years. What chairs are usually open. I was going to stay at the timberline lodge. How far is it to meadows if we feel like driving? If the weather is less than stellar at timberline, is it sometimes better over at meadows?

Thanks

Zach

Originally posted by zachp13

How about timberline after christmas and before new years. What chairs are usually open. I was going to stay at the timberline lodge. How far is it to meadows if we feel like driving? If the weather is less than stellar at timberline, is it sometimes better over at meadows?

Expect crowds every day between Christmas and New Years at both TLine and MHM.

TLine will be better than Meadows in a low-snow season and the reverse will be true in a high-snow season. Palmer is only open during winter in low-snow years. Maigic Mile (and Palmer in low snow years) generally only run in good visibility and low wind.

The Cascade chair at Meadows, and probably the new Vista chair, will not be open either in low-vis or high winds.

It's about 20 or 25 minutes to get between the two resorts, more in bad weather or traffic.

Ski Bowl is worth a day as long as there is enough snow. Lower Bowl is groomed nice and wide and if you can avoid the beginners and the out of control lunch-tray surfers it makes for some good carbing as long as the snow isn't too sticky.

Honestly, the week between XMas and New Years is not the best time to visit due to the crowds. But it can still be a lot of fun, and if you come I'd love to hook up again for some runs.

I figured it would be busy, but taking a couple weeks off to go boarding with family. We are heading up to whistler for five days before christmas, then home christmas and down to hood for the week between christmas and new years.

Thanks for the info,

Zach

Tempting, but I'm gonna pass until there's coverage at least to the bottom of palmer.

Zach: Mike covered it all. If freeze levels happen to be high, timberline has more terrain further up the hill. Meadows has more stuff below the trees if there's really high winds. Otherwise, they both should be good. Meadows has a good bit more variety of terrain, particularly steeper stuff, so it's definately worth the drive over.

I've been on the hill christmas day the last 2 years... it's typically not to bad. Pretty nuts the days following though :rolleyes:

You now have to hike 50 yards from the top opf the lift to snow... and they weren't running Magic Mile, they were shutting people up and down with a van.

Weak.

I'm goingto stick to my T-board and other activities until there is some snow to speak of...

... and today they tell me that the weekday plus pass is *not* good on Sat/Sun while they are on a 3-day a week schedule.

I will be calling TLine management about the being told that it was when I bought it :(

Thanks for the update. I was thinking about

riding on Saturday, but you made my decision

a whole lot easier. That 250" base they advertise

is a little misleading.

Shuttling people in a van?

The numbers must be such that they figure

it isn't worth running the Mile all day long.

I can't imagine that there is 250" snow depth at any point on that mountain right now.

The weather looks promising over the next week; It'a amazing how quickly the 50" or so that is needed to resurface Palmer can accumulate in late October and early November!