Note to New Members ×

TD 3 risers?

big canuck

I believe the TD3 has as much suspension as the TD2 plus suspension kit. However if it's height you're looking for, the toe/heel blocks of the TD3 were lowered so the overall height is the same as the TD2. I suppose you could try to find some TD2 toe/heel blocks and that would give you like 5mm, or fab something yourself. Or just spend the money on a Vist. Given your recent quiver photos, I don't think you can play the budget card!! ;)

I still don't understand the secrecy with the Sidewinders. Fin showed us everything he's been doing with the HFP, but we still have to go by hearsay and occasional photos for the TD3 race version. Can we see some close up pictures of the differences? Perhaps an exploded view diagram?

big canuck,

Jack is correct the total height of the TD3 is about the same as the TD2. However, the TD3 has the MUCH thicker E-ring for increased suspension.

If you did want more height I would suggest raising the sole blocks with some spacers and longer screws.

Actually, the SideWinder upgrade is more of an esthetic kit than anything:

In the kit you get a new set of decals that puts a huge "Smokey and the Bandit" hood emblem on the base plates. Then you get a little scoop that you stick (double sided tape included) to the front of the binding. There is a little carbide bar that attaches to the rear binding on the heel side that drops down into the ice and puts a sweet ploom of snow up on each turn.

Have no idea why people thought this was for racers :eplus2:

I still don't understand the secrecy with the Sidewinders. Fin showed us everything he's been doing with the HFP, but we still have to go by hearsay and occasional photos for the TD3 race version. Can we see some close up pictures of the differences? Perhaps an exploded view diagram?

Quoting myself for emphasis. :confused::biggthump

In the kit you get a new set of decals that puts a huge "Smokey and the Bandit" hood emblem on the base plates. Then you get a little scoop that you stick (double sided tape included) to the front of the binding. There is a little carbide bar that attaches to the rear binding on the heel side that drops down into the ice and puts a sweet ploom of snow up on each turn.

As long as that carbide bar to the rear binding has some Christmas lighting LED's because I want skiers want to see me when I am overtaking them or if they are overtaking me...

Can we get a spoiler, shiny mag spinners and a sub-woofer too???:p