Note to New Members ×

Favorite wax for carving

Sultan Guy

T.Stoughton has been working on some magic wax that the LCI has been testing since last season. It is long lasting, fast, and has been working in temps from +45f to -5f. I have been getting at least 4 days between waxings at 250lbs. Good stuff, not yet available to the general public. I may have said to much already,

mario

As big mario said, one of our own has been making wax for about two years now, slowly refining the product to make a single wax that has excellent cold snow performance (i.e. -30F), exceptional warm/wet snow performance (i.e. 30F), and great durability - even for heavier riders (a couple of the testers are "clydesdales").

Several of the LCI riders have been testing the product for the last year for both carving and all-mountain riding. The final product has come to fruition and has been named "Hot-Rod". I have been riding the latest product for several weeks with great success.

UPDATE-I have been using the Dominator Graphitezoom and have been very impressed with that stuff in everything from ice, powder, even wet snow.

Thanks for the reccomendation :biggthump:biggthump

you're welcome, the stuff is cheap and has such a broad range really hard to beat without spending a hell of a lot more.

grab some renew zoom when you have a chance nothing cleans a base better and also is essential for upkeep.

I used this ...if you can believe it...a rub on... that works and lasts a long time..

application time... 40 seconds. It has a very small particle size for good penetration. Its a proto made in Poland by flouro chemists who DO NOT USE stock flouros. It's weird in that it has even acceleration at any speed. (ie.. it does not feel sticky..then "take off" and then top out.)

3 temps will become available. I have no idea what the name is...but I will see if I can get some samples for SES. You get to the hill.... look at the snow.. pick your wax and get riding.... no iron no fuss. Once in a while do a base purge with conventional wax.

The fastest system I have used is the full dominator system... wide roto brushes ..base purging with multiples waxings etc... wax the base 3-7 times leaving it set over night each time, scrape- apply graphite rub on, brushed the crap out of it... while spraying w/ water...then add the magic dust. Water rolls off of this in an almost possessed fashion... bizzare... and... if you hit it.......humidity..temps and all... you feel as if you are being pushed... This is a great system.. labor intensive... but if you are racing...I couldn't imagine feeling unprepared if you went through this... of course...best to load up a few identical boards with different temp set ups..

Wet snow.... dominator rocket rub on...a cheap nearly instant fix to sticky wet snow.