Note to New Members ×

TD-3 advice

wantok

I just bought a TD-3 skwal binding and would appreciate some thoughts on whether I should add something between the metal cant plate and a new board (mPride). A spacer, Catek elastomer or duct tape come to mind. Is there any risk of wear on the top sheet, or worse?

Welcome to Bomber!!

What is a "MPride" ? Brand?

Guessing it is metal? I would be tempted to cut a plexi-glass/ lexan plate like the Catek spacers. Just for good measure. Duct tape would just make a mess. The old teflon disc might work, although the TD3 Skwal disc /cant is larger in dia. than the TD1 that they were made for.

There are several Skawl riders here that will chime in.

Bryan, A Mpride is a skwall (http://www.mpride.net/). Since the topsheet of the Mpride is not made of metal, I think a gasket is not really needed. I made one for my Metal Cyborg but I think I am gonna left it out this season because it gets damp underthere and then I have to polish my board longer to get the stains away.

post-105-141842291959_thumb.jpg

The cant disk does not contact the board, it is suspended by the e-ring. The center disk contacts the board, but any bending moments it exerts on the board are buffered and distributed over a wide area by the e-ring and floating cant disk.

Is that true of the skwal version (I haven't seen pics)? My TD2 skwal bindings were direct metal to topsheet...haven't seen the TD3 ones yet, but if there is an elastomer there it would be nice.

edit: no elastomer layer shown here:

skwal_dbl_08_350.jpg