Note to New Members ×

Titanal BX Boards

TheTruth

How many companies make titanal boards for softboot use? I'm looking for a BX style board that can lay out carves on the crap that passes as snow here in the east, and hold up under aggressive riding.

I know Kessler makes a metal BX board, and Donek can't just yet. What about other companies? Prior? SG?, Palmer? Others?

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Checked out some of the boards listed. Looks like many would be hard to find in the U.S. Also checked out SG Snowboard site, and titanal isn't listed in their BX board construction (maybe site needs updated?)

Looks like the only "easily" obtainable board would be the Kessler BX from Catek or All Board Sports.

I'm also curious about the Prior BX mentioned. I didn't see it on their site either. Was it custom made? Anybody out there know Prior's limitations for using titanal in softboot board construction? Getting a custom made Prior might be the best option at this point if they can do metal construction in a wider board.

I also like what I see in the specs of these new BX boards. Lots of taper and much larger turn radius. Never like most mainstream park/freeride boards due to the small turn radius and vibration on hard snow.

A friend of mine a former hardbooter (one of the fastest riders i have seen!) rides now on a F2 Eliminator and i feel sory for him because that board just is'nt for carving, he even put 2cm palmer plates and uses smaller binding angles to avoid toe drag and it still rides like a very stiff wide door!

Ha ha, I've just bought Palmer risers from a BOL member to put on my Eliminator and I'm really optimist about it's carving abilities.

I've seen someone here posting an interesting soft boots board from coiler or prior several days ago, a BX board, like a twintip with short nose and tail, but can't find it now.

Give Chris or Dean a call at Prior. While up at Whistler last year, Chris showed me some BX/MFR type shapes with metal. They look awesome. So they have templates already, so shouldn't be a total custom, just some tweaking to get a board thats right for you.

-Gord