Note to New Members ×

T-D3 rings

steamboatrailer

Steamboatrailer: maybe we have the parts mixed up but the E-Rins has no direct relation to the Base Plate.

That said a TD3 E-ring will work on a TD2/3 Cant Disk. In other words the cant disks for the TD2 and TD3 are the same.

Does this help?

Can aT-D3 ring be used with a T-D2 base,web site sez TD-3 ONLY.But bases look identical?:freak3:

I think I know what you're asking about.

Like Fin said, the TD2 and TD3 use the same cant disk (silver thing).

What's different is the center disk used to select your angles and that your mounting screws go through. On the TD2 it's black, and on the TD3 it's red (they're not the same). What's also different are the screws used - the ones on the TD3 are longer to accommodate the thicker E-ring on the TD3s (obviously the E-rings are also different). So, really, the only thing that's the same on the "base-half" of the TD2 and TD3 are the canting disks.

To be a little more specific, the TD3 e rings are thicker so the center disk is also thicker to reach further down to the board. If you put a TD3 e ring on a TD2 binding:

1. The screws likely won't reach the inserts

2. Even if they do, the disk won't be pulled down into full contact with the board. That's dangerous.

If you're feeling crafty, you could make a spacer like in the old suspension kits and install longer screws. It's much easier just to buy the new disks with the e rings.

Fin,

Any chance of offering a TD3 ering conversion package so we can use our older (out of date) td2s with the superior td3 erings?

It would be a td3 ering + td3 center disk + 4 longer disk to board mounting bolts for one super price instead of buying everything separate ?

I have coverted 2 set already and love the new yellow td3 erings .....

Jim

Fin,

Any chance of offering a TD3 ering conversion package so we can use our older (out of date) td2s with the superior td3 erings?

It would be a td3 ering + td3 center disk + 4 longer disk to board mounting bolts for one super price instead of buying everything separate ?

I have coverted 2 set already and love the new yellow td3 erings .....

Jim

Behold!

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/bindings/accessories.cfm

I'm sure they'll sell you the screws too.

If you own TD2's and don't want to commit to TD3's your best bet is to just buy the TD3 second board kit. The cants are the same so be sure to pick cant discs that are different than what you're currently using.

At SES last year I was probably the only one left using TD2's. When I demod Fin just moved my TD2 top plate over to the TD3 base plates which is a lot easier than setting up a pair of bindings for proper boot length.