Note to New Members ×

Blax SI binding, good or bad?

Surf Quebec

that's funny! this is the exact same binding that i use. i also weigh about 160 pound.

unfortunately i can't contribute a lot to this thread since i just started hardbooting past season.

what i noticed, and i don't know if this is supposed to be like that:

i can wiggle my foot in the binding a lot, wiggle left and right. i rode it a few days and it felt great, but i am wondering if this wiggeling is just what some here call "flex", of if the binding is actually loose and unsafe. i checked all srews and they seem to be tightened.

much looser (more flexible?) then the TD2s i just ordered (and only sofaboarded so far).

sorry, that's all i can say.

overall, if this "flex" is normal, then i like the bindings, it was very easy to learn riding in hardboots and i hope the TD2 will give me the same feeling.

I have a pair, but bail version. It is plastic base, but seems well engineered - I wouldn't be too worried about it. However, I broke the bail itself. I used it as my favorite freeride binding (great flex), for steep bumps, etc. I'm 180 lbs, aggressive.

Toe/heel blocks and bails are identical to F2s.

Anke, if the wigling is more like free movement of the boot within the bails, then your bails are not tight enough. There should be a bit of effort to close the bail, so the tension remains even as the boot moves a bit. In other words, the boot should move with the bails, i.e. flexing the bails or the base itself, but not moving freely witin the bails.

Hope it makes sense...

I know what I'd tell her coach....If I were her,that is.....:argue:

Step ins have issues on race courses, There is a reason she pays her coach?:freak3:

The Blax bindings are just fine, some time You will also see them labeled as Head bindings, Many of the light weight girls rode them for a few years at the FIS level, the do break, but so do metal bindings, there are several center disk options including custom metal to stiffen up the system, however it seem most falures happend while using the metal disk, the Japanese Team were rocking them for several years, now everyone pretty much rides F2s...

Should be a fun binding for any rider looking for some board feel.

Anke, if the wigling is more like free movement of the boot within the bails, then your bails are not tight enough. There should be a bit of effort to close the bail, so the tension remains even as the boot moves a bit. In other words, the boot should move with the bails, i.e. flexing the bails or the base itself, but not moving freely witin the bails.

Hope it makes sense...

Nailed it,

Anke if you have play in your bindings you can post up pictures and some on here will help you adjust them if there is slop without resestance then you can create shock loading which breaks stuff..... Lets us know.

• 1 year later...

Looks like the same curvature as my blax stepin bindings. The only difference between the stepin toe and clip in heel will be the height of the side legs of the bail.

Just put a boot toe in the bail and you'll know if the bail sits flat on the ledge of the boot(if it's a heel block the bail will be too tall to use as a toe).

I believe only the high end f2 toes have the adjustable height bails.

I also thing those are heel bails...

Blax / Proflex / F2 RS Carve are my favorite freeride and teaching bindings. Probably the most sideways flex out of all bindings, except maybe Burton Carrier. There are 2 generations of bails, older 5mm and newer 5.5mm. I managed to brake an old one, but it was already abused by a racer.