Note to New Members ×

F2 Titanium intec - Brand new but intec receiver loose?

B18C1

Hi,

I just purchased some Intec Titanium bindings and after I installed/adjusted their size, I was rather disappointed to notice the binding in the back has quite a bit of play. The other one seems just fine and really tight.

The heels are very well attached to the boots and I am positive the problem is in the intec receiver. I read through the F2 manual provided and was unable to find any possible adjustment to solve this problem...

Is it common? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

My boots are 2009 Track 700, and I made sure all screws are very tight.

It is somewhat loose when I push the boot sideways. It would seem as if the heel's metal pins have a slightly smaller diameter than the receiver's holes.

Is there any possible adjustment?

Problem fixed, thanks a bunch Hans :biggthump

This post you made in the other thread explains it all - Here it is in case someone else is having the same problem:

The distance between all the things in the receiver and the pins are so constructed that there must be a tension force between the frontbail, the little pins and the big pins. My set up at first was that I had my big pins centered in the receiver: I had side by side slop in the receiver, I could put a creditcard in between, so about one mm. So I emailed Fin and he told me that I had to set them up so there would be absolutely no slop at all. I tweaked the frontbail (what a piece of art is this frontbailconstruction) a bit and just give my heel receiver one stripe extra. Problem solved, more tension on it, the big pins went further back in the slots as seen in the pics here. So if I pop in, the sound of popping in is louder now. I have just used some bombergrease and now they are flawless. Fin also told me that I had to pay attention to the whole setup in time as the bootsoles will wear out. The setup must probably be tweaked again.

It's also important on the F2 INTEC™ Titanium that you adjust the toe bail height to match the boot toe ledge.

You must adjust the toe bail (using the small thumbwheels on each side of the binding) to put the boot's toe pad under some compression. More compression = more ridgid the feel due to reduced play in the system.

If you have any other questions... contact us direct at www.f2-canada.com.