Note to New Members ×

Finding a shop to mold liners

StevieG

I just received a new pair of Track 325T’s from bomberonline and need to get the liners molded. Don't want to go the DIY molding route. I live in northern Virginia. From what I understand, Kneissl and Deeluxe are the boot brands that use Thermoflex liners, and (not surprisingly) I cannot find a dealer for these brands anywhere nearby.

Are there any other brands that use these or similar liners, to help me find a local dealer that will have an oven and molding expertise?

Or better yet, any mid-Atlantic carvers know of a good bootfitter who can mold thermoflex liners in the Northern VA/DC/MD area?

I just received a new pair of Track 325T’s from bomberonline and need to get the liners molded. Don't want to go the DIY molding route. I live in northern Virginia. From what I understand, Kneissl and Deeluxe are the boot brands that use Thermoflex liners, and (not surprisingly) I cannot find a dealer for these brands anywhere nearby.

Are there any other brands that use these or similar liners, to help me find a local dealer that will have an oven and molding expertise?

Or better yet, any mid-Atlantic carvers know of a good bootfitter who can mold thermoflex liners in the Northern VA/DC/MD area?

any place that deals with intuition liners, scarpa or garmont or the moldable dalbellos can help you as it's the same procedure with the exception that the newer deeluxe liners require less oven time than intuition, garmont or scarpa liners.

Ski Center has the equipment necessary.

http://www.skicenter.com/

If you go there, I strongly recommend buying some custom footbeds as well. They're worth it, and you'll get better service molding your liners. They might even mold them for free.

However, I strongly recommend going the home method, since it ensures you get it done right.

(+1) for the Ski Center... Brian Eardley is an excellent bootfitter, just make sure to call and make an appointment with him ahead of time as he's quite popular.

Agreed, he's a good guy and did a great job on my footbeds. However, make sure you get HIM. They've pawned my off on other guys before, and it's never ended well.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll make a call to Ski Center and get an appointment with Brian Eardley. I'm thinking that custom footbeds will serve me well - lately I've been getting intense arch pain the first hour or so of riding each day (in the old SB 225's I'm replacing).

Can't comment on the boots yet, will be another month at least before they hit the slopes.

If you want to save some money Red Wing shoes makes a heat moldable footbed for $50. They are extremely easy to use; just put in your oven for a few minutes, insert into boot, and step in for a few minutes. I got them for my work boots and they are so comfortable and durable I will be buying another set for my snowboard boots this season.