Note to New Members ×

Summit County Dec 18-28

benno

Well, as the title says guys, anyone up for a run or two during these dates?

Used to work as a lifty at Copper and Loveland, so I'll be hitting these two places up a bit. Most of the people I knew have moved on though so some new riding buddies would be cool.

What do people recommend for cheap tix and accommodation? Anyone got a spare couch? :P

Cheers

benno

Benno,

As you saw in the other thread ( http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27000 ) all the same info.

There are some with passes to Summit Co and we have a the LCI at Loveland. The LCI are primarily weekend riders.

Continue posting here so that everyone can see your plans an add to it.

See you soon,

Ink

• 5 weeks later...

Well guys,

I'm landing in Denver next tuesday and picking up my new Donek that afternoon ;-)

I'll probably ride Copper on Wednesday, and stay up in Summit County till about the 29th.

The weekend of the 19th or so I will be at Winter Park catching up with the family but other than that I'd love to ride with a few other hardbooters. Anyone around?

PHWOOAAAR!

Just rode my brand new Donek Metal AX today at Copper for the first time. It is AWESOME!

But it was my first day on a snowboard for five years and my first day at altitude - fatigue was a bugger!

Not sure where I'm riding tomorrow but I'm staying in breck. Anyone riding here?

The limited open terrain at Winter Park was really good today. I'm not sure what they did overnight, but it was hardly ridable yesterday. Maybe they sent the "A" team out to groom for a change...

I'm heading out of town Friday and will be back Sunday night. I'll be looking to ride as much as possible next week before the valley fills with holiday goobs. You may be able to talk BlueBird into riding over the weekend. There are four of us that ride WP regularly but we usally aviod weekends.

Give me a shout next week beno

email: ssegress at gmail dot com

cell number: nine seven oh three nine oh seven six oh five

Angie, will definitely have to try and catch up for a few turns and even some beers afterwards :) unfortunately I'll be in wp this weekend though.

Thor- thanks mate, I might see if I can hang with you guys in Winter Park during the week. I'll probably ride with the family over the weekend. I think I can get a free condo for a few days ;)

then maybe back to breck just before Xmas if I still have accom here

I'll be around this weekend and riding if the crowds aren't to bad. give me a shout or PM me.

today there is a small possibility. otherwise Sunday PM is likely.

five three one zero one five five

Justin

They are dropping ropes and opening runs up..... not sure that I agree with some of it though. Bring the rock boards if you want to chase the rope drops

There will be a bunch of the LCI in attendance Sunday at Lovey with a special guest appearance by thebionicman.

Benno, are we going to add you to the special guest list for Sunday?

BlueBird, when ya guna join us? We've had some good days already. Last weekends count was double digits. If we don't see you have a good holiday. :)

Ink

Ink, sorry mate I'm at winter park for the next few days. I hope to get there next weekend!

Bluebird, thanks mate, I'll probably be riding with my two little cousins though (read: very slowly!). I'll definitely keep an eye out though. I'll be in a yellow jacket on a White donek. I'll probably ride Monday Tuesday at wp as well.

Angie, are you keen to ride breck on Thursday the 24th? Anyone else is welcome to come out!

There will be a bunch of the LCI in attendance Sunday at Lovey with a special guest appearance by thebionicman.

Benno, are we going to add you to the special guest list for Sunday?

BlueBird, when ya guna join us? We've had some good days already. Last weekends count was double digits. If we don't see you have a good holiday. :)

Ink

I will be over there before the end of the season, just have to wait for a few more checks to come in. The LCI show is definitely one not to miss.

Have a wonderful holiday and I look forward to the session!

Benno, I will be looking. if I don't see you have a great time

Wow, winter park was busy yesterday. I got the occasional nice turn but crowds and nephews generally conspired against me.

Bluebird, were you harbooting on a twintip?

I'm going to ride here till Tuesday - I'll email u shortly Thor. 68420

Just as busy out there today! I caught a few runs with Thor and steve - nice riding with you guys!

I'm going to ride wp again tomorrow and then probably breck (will call u angie ;) on thursday, maybe copper Xmas day and lovey on the weekend!

There seems to be a movement for some Christmas morning runs at the Basin on Friday if you're interested in meeting up with us there instead of going to Copper :biggthump

See you Thursday!

Yeah I'll ride the basin ;)

Stan was kind enough to lend me his coiler freecarve 178 for a few days... Ripped a few nice carves on it this am before I heard that pioneer was open. The freecarve was, um, challenging to ride in waist deep pow! Stan, I'm sorry mate - I gaped it up in a big way on your board - hope people don't point and laugh next time you ride wp ;)