Note to New Members ×

Choices

jburrill

OK. Im buying some new plates this season. A: Blue and orange Burton race plates used. B: New pair of IBEX plates. C. New pair of TD3 SI's.

I used to rock my TD1's and they were kind of stiff. I broke 3 pairs of Burton Fires. Then I started using my Burton Plates with metal disks. Those were too soft, but more comfortable and versitile. Then I tried some Phiokka's, kind of crappy if you ask me. Then, I switched back to Burton plates and its time for some new bindings...... Suggestions? Will new TD3's be as stiff as the TD1's ? Im looking for the versitility of IBEX plates with the beefiness of TD1's.

go for the td3's or cateks. if you find them stiff, loosen up the flex on yur boots. I think the bindings should be a beefy part of your'e set up. let the boots flex more or less. and when you buy the bindings get the softer ring for the td3 or with catek make sure you get the d3 elastomer. F2 bindings might be what you are looking for though, if you don't want to mess with your'e boots.

The new Bombers have a dampening material under the baseplate. You can select from 3 different durometers (hardness) to allow more or less flex. Sounds they they should suit your needs nicely.

The step-in does stiffen up the system a bit but personally I love them and think you could get used to them in no time. If not, there are plenty of folks here waiting to take them off your hands.

BTW where do you end up riding? Maybe I'll see you at S.R. this winter? Or are you with Jack up at the Loaf? ;-)

Ted

I have ridden Ibex for the last couple of years and LOVE them. I do not like stiff bindings. I was debating between TD3's and F2's. From what I observed on my friends boards last year, the TD3's are still WAY stiffer than what I would like, especially the SI's.

I went with F2's.