Note to New Members ×

catek bindings?

energyrail

all board sports, has a pair of long plate cateks. 350 USD

I can use the lighter, more flexible short plate. So buying the long plate is a last resort right?

It appears that raceboarding.com or donek is an option. Raceboarding.com refers to having 09 models. or do they just place an order with catek when I place an order. anybody with any experience here. I have read that if I order some from catek I'll be stuck waiting. If I am stuck waiting will it take more than a month. thanks for any advice

I can use the lighter, more flexible short plate. So buying the long plate is a last resort right?

It appears that raceboarding.com or donek is an option. Raceboarding.com refers to having 09 models. or do they just place an order with catek when I place an order. anybody with any experience here. I have read that if I order some from catek I'll be stuck waiting. If I am stuck waiting will it take more than a month. thanks for any advice

The Short Plate is ideal for smaller boot sizes (<10US) and lighter (<180lbs) riders. The 3/8" thickness provides a more forgiving ride than the long plate. The Long Plate accepts all boot sizes (up to 31.5MP, depending on the boot), and its 1/2" thickness provides the most powerful ride on the market. Riders weighing more than 180lbs or with a boot size greater than 10US must use the long plate.

You are on the bubble. Softer flex is what you are after?

The Alsports pair have some accessory or option?

Our price: $309.00 catek.com

I have read that if I order some from catek I'll be stuck waiting. If I am stuck waiting will it take more than a month. thanks for any advice

FYI: OS2 short and long plate, step-in or standard bail versions are in stock and shipping within 1-3 days.

Our laser engraver is currently down, so custom color binding order lead time is longer.

Regards,

Scott @ CATEK

Ok, look at some of my board pics, nough said!?

For me, at this time, for my boards and binding angles/settings, there is no other product out there which fits my needs any better and I am very thankfull they exist!!!

Yea, customer service was lagging for whatever reason(s), but it did not hold me back to purchase from Jeff again... and it seems Scott is on it now and hopefully things will get better for everyone out there.

Cheers!

35cem28.jpg

11bj8yo.jpg

2q9zx5k.jpg

10r93zo.jpg

Man, those boards are ugly. Especially that second black Cyborg. I bet you can't hold that one for long. I will take it before you regret it, just send me an email ;)

I have a question for Ray: how about the durability of the baseplate: put in other words: on the FB forum there are some people who mentioned that the baseplate can't hold the screws and the topplate is moving. Did you ever have noticed this? I am asking this because I am planning to buy a Catek binding for my Cyborg also. Just to see how things work (I had a Catekbinding OS1 before but didn't like how the screws went into the plate, the screwholes went bigger and bigger at that time). But I like the idea that no iron/alu is touching the board.

Thanks Ray.

Cheers, Hans.

I can only speak for myself, but I have had no issues at all so far... But that's maaaaybe because I am not pushing really hard, who knows :p

The only thing I could think of is that they had a bad batch of hardware, which I assume was replaced by now... Catek, so I believe should/would cover their products under warranty... right Scott?

I can only speak for myself, but I have had no issues at all so far... But that's maaaaybe because I am not pushing really hard, who knows :p

The only thing I could think of is that they had a bad batch of hardware, which I assume was replaced by now... Catek, so I believe should/would cover their products under warranty... right Scott?

I had some problems with this, I think I was setting the bindings up correctly and all but I kept having slippage between the disc and the power plate. Catek was really nice and sent me a new disc, as mine was somewhat beat up from all the slippage. I ended up being able to lock the front plate at 60 (deg) with four screws, totally immobilizing the power plate. (one screw at each side of the screw-rail-thingy (that's an industry term!). You can only do that at certain degree intervals but thankfully for me one of them happens to be 60. It only happened on my front disc ... it was always creeping up from 60 to like, 68 or so in the course of a day.

I had some problems with this, I think I was setting the bindings up correctly and all but I kept having slippage between the disc and the power plate. Catek was really nice and sent me a new disc, as mine was somewhat beat up from all the slippage.

I believe this problem was due to a bad batch of screws... The thread did not go all the way so they did not tighten up quite enough... Everyone who still has this issue should get them replaced by Catek...

I believe this problem was due to a bad batch of screws... The thread did not go all the way so they did not tighten up quite enough... Everyone who still has this issue should get them replaced by Catek...

That's great info Ray - thanks! I still experienced slippage with the new disc - which would make sense given that I was using the same old screws. I should get in touch with them to buy a new set of screws!