Note to New Members ×

Deeluxe 700 Canting Assembly

Riceball

post-1299-141842289081_thumb.jpg

At SES last year, I snapped the assembly in half for part #13. My son Brad did the same thing, but he managed to get a hold of an after market replacement from someone at the Bomber tent that was all metal.

Does anyone know who made this part and where I can purchase more?

post-1299-141842289084_thumb.jpg

post-1299-141842289086_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Bomber carries these. The replacement parts do need to be pressed together at a ski shop that has the correct type of press/tools. OR...I would recommend drilling out the replacement outer piece and fitting an appropriate T-nut and allen bolt to hold it all together. Remember to loctite them. The T-nut repair/mod works best for the long term as seen in your 2nd boot picture and your DIY repair will look very similar. The aluminum in the original and replacement parts are soft metals and simply wear out.

Cheers

That looks like the handy work of TrikerDad aka Bill S

The only one I see in the Bomber Store is the original cuff cant assembly. However at 5$ it is well worth having a few in the boot bag? Don't forget the tools, after a few years they don't always come out easily.

post-198-141842289093_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]18577[/ATTACH]quote]

the diagram pictured here shows the outside ankle cuff (part #13 on the picture). the hardware is different from the inside cuff cant assembly that oldsnowboards has pictured.

In the BOL parts store the only cuff cant assembly pictured is the inside cuff cant assembly - unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

You want the outside ankle assembly, not the inside ankle assembly if I'm reading you correctly.

A hardware store fix is pretty easy. I'll find some parts and take pictures when I get time.

make sure to cover the inside with a layer of duck tape to reduce liner chaffing

my af 600 are both t nuted with whatever the local ski boot shop had around

lockitite is your freind till it touches the plastic on your shell

only downside is that the canting is now permanently set

Bryan is correct. That repair kit for the outside hinge of the Suzuka was one of 5 hand made ones I traded to Fin for a pair of steel heel receivers at SES. He ended up giving them out to people who broke theirs and said they were greatly appreciated. I asked him at the time if he'd be interested in me making more for him to carry at Bomber but he said that when he found time he'd knock out a couple hundred of them with his CNC equipment. Bug him about it and maybe he'll find the time.

Thanks. The second picture is my hardware fix from the workbench of the rental shop at Buttermilk. I was lucky enough to be left alone for 1/2 an hour to pick through their spare part bins and Frankenstein my boot.

Funny, make that four people. I snapped the same part at Buttermilk at SES and also Frankenseined my boot. The shop guy just walked me to their tool section and said have at it. When I got home I added some washers and loctite. Rode the rest of the season with no problems.

...I asked him at the time if he'd be interested in me making more for him to carry at Bomber but he said that when he found time he'd knock out a couple hundred of them with his CNC equipment. Bug him about it and maybe he'll find the time.

Fin, do you have time for something like this? TrikerDad, if Fin can't, would you be able to make some more of these? I'm interested in about 8 of them. It appears to be an extremely weak link to an otherwise solid boot assembly and I wasted about half a day trying to fix the damn thing on my own last year.

Yep, I am planning to make those units for the AF Boots. The handful Bill made came out excellent and he has inspired me to make a batch with our CNC gear.

However, we are still wrapping up our normal production so I cannot say for now when these will be available. But I would hope by start of the new year if all goes well.

Riceball, I have a few left in my shop. They are hand made, taking several hours apiece to make, cutting the odd shape being the most time consuming. I made them more for myself and trading stock than for selling as I don't think anyone would want to pay what I would have to sell them for. The stainless T-nut and bolt cost me $2.00 for each kit by themselves. If you're desperate for 1 or 2, I could mail them to you for $15 dollars apiece. I know that's a whole lot more than Fin will be able to make them for, if you can wait, but that's what they are worth to me.

....we are still wrapping up our normal production so I cannot say for now when these will be available. But I would hope by start of the new year if all goes well.

Thanks Fin! I'm coming down to SES again this year, so hopefully I can buy some off of you then.

Riceball, I have a few left in my shop. .... If you're desperate for 1 or 2, I could mail them to you for $15 dollars apiece. I know that's a whole lot more than Fin will be able to make them for, if you can wait, but that's what they are worth to me.

Thanks trikerdad, I'm not desperate yet, so I think I'll wait for Fin's new batch. I appreciate the offer though!

• 14 years later...

Does anyone still have the CAD file for this. I have some of the newer Track 700 and it doesn't look like the design has changed even one bit, I've managed to break 3 canting assemblies in 2 seasons and I'm ready to switch to some UPZ if I can't find a better solution than just buying a couple dozen of these every other year. 

Can't understand why Deeluxe doesn't use more durable hardware. It should be easy for them, but it seems they don't care.

Last season I switched from my Track 700 to the UPZ RC11 (which is almost the same as the RC12) and nothing broke so far. With the Track 700 all of us (including me) broke the ankle hardware and I even broke a buckle after a few days of riding.

Of course the RC11 is not perfect either. They leak snow/water and 5 buckles are overkill, but at least they seam to last. The other thing one has to consider is, that they are narrower at the ankle, so I hat to go to the boot fitter to widen them to my wish. But this might differ depending on your feet.