Note to New Members ×

All-in-One- Slope tracking device

Chubz

Folks

Looking for inouton slope tracking devices to track vertical feet, GPS etc. Also interested in any that might have heart rate monitor.

i have looked on line at various devices but too many to make an edutaed decision. Skitrak looked cool but it doent do heart rate.

Hoping to get an all in one device to cover training leading up to the seaon and track vertical and such during season.

$$$ is a factor, <$150

Thanks

Greg

http://www.buygpsnow.com/Department/Top-Sellers/Top-Data-Loggers.aspx

I have buy some gps receiver from them with great success.

Iphone have gps build in, however I don't know if it have enough precision for snowboard gps data logging.

The higher the sample rate; the more accurate the data. ie speed.

timex ironman gps watch which sounds exactly like what you need.

Chubz,

I use the Garmin Edge unit for tracking on the hill activities. The unit is amazing and can do all kinds of things other than what it is marketed for, biking. It can do all the GPS functions you need and has a great software interface for looking at and storing the data. It does have that key function of Heart Rate you want as well. It is interesting to watch your heart rate while making turns done a hill.

The fun begins when you get home and download the data and view it on Google Earth. Looking at numbers and all is OK, but it is just fun to see where you went that day. You can also use it as a reference the next time you go to that place.

The unit has the ability to change its resolution, or rate of GPS points it takes. If you set it high you can actually see all your turns on the hill. The attached photo is me at Arapaho Basin with the unit on high. You can see each turn I made. The straight lines are riding up the chair.

I use it for biking, snowboarding, hiking, hunting, skate skiing, and even used it to log some long boarding once. I have had the unit now for close to 4 years with no issues at all. Updates on all firmware and software are free on the Garmin website.

post-1-141842289023_thumb.jpg

from Garmin:

Edge® 705

GPS-enabled super cycle computer

displays power data from ANT +™-enabled third-party power meters, wireless data sharing, barometric altitude and vertical profile, wireless heart rate monitor, self-calibrating wireless speed/cadence sensor, turn-by-turn directions, mapping detail, card slot, color display

for us...

turn right,turn left,turn right,turn left, turn right,turn left,turn right,turn left, turn right,turn left,turn right,turn left, turn right,turn left,turn right,turn left, turn right,turn left,turn right,turn left, turn right,turn left,turn right,turn left,

• 1 month later...

Just pick this up:

Wintec G-Trender WSG-1000

It can use barometer instead of gps data to caculate altitude.

some review:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/wintec-g-trender.php

http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/review/0123/handheld-gps/

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=117303

Have not try it on the slope yet.

Also you can use run keeper on iphone. I use it for hiking it's great and free.

--

David

not sure how to show this but flaik lets you replay, in real time, your day, ones track is color coded for speed and a replay @ 128 X gives you a good review of your day, there used to be a demo on the flaik site.........cellular and gps combine to give you more info that pure gps, this tool is great for ski school complaints about young Bobby that, mom says, had not ridden enough in his alll day class, guest services replays Bobby's day, and then other similar groups of the day.....the numbers dont lie like Bobby's mom who wants her $$$ back. oups mom just got blacklisted for refunds @ intrawest resorts....

Big brother is watching