Note to New Members ×

WTB:Carving Setup

dafinga

First post here,

I have been snowboarding for 20+ yrs on soft gear. Expert + rider. Now I want to get into carving. This year we will have a house at the base of Heavenly so I thought this would be a great year to learn how to dig some trenches. I love to carve on my soft gear but I thought it was time to step up to some hard boots and a carving board when the conditions are right. I am 6' 175lbs with a Mondo point size 28-29 foot depending on the boot. I live on the coastside so anything in the bay area is driving distance for me. I don't want to spend too much on my first board but I am all about performance. Any thoughts, recommendations would be much appreciated.

First post here,

I have been snowboarding for 20+ yrs on soft gear. Expert + rider. Now I want to get into carving. This year we will have a house at the base of Heavenly so I thought this would be a great year to learn how to dig some trenches. I love to carve on my soft gear but I thought it was time to step up to some hard boots and a carving board when the conditions are right. I am 6' 175lbs with a Mondo point size 28-29 foot depending on the boot. I live on the coastside so anything in the bay area is driving distance for me. I don't want to spend too much on my first board but I am all about performance. Any thoughts, recommendations would be much appreciated.

Get boots and bindings first... most carvers are quiver whores who have a spare board to lend out here and there until you figure out what you are looking for.

Go post on tahoecarvers.com too... there are a few south shore folks who could give more specific advice.

First post here,

To measure mondo point (MP) size by your self (the simple way I liked):

Take a contractor's tape in CM (not the taylor "flimsy" tape). Heel all the way on the wall/base board. Measure from the wall/baseboard to the longest toe, take a straight line from the longest toe (make sure is perpendicular to the tape) and do it to the other foot and take the longest length.

I have these available:

Deeluxe SUZUKA MP29 new & used

Deeluxe INDY MP28 used w/ New Deeluxe Thermo Liners Speed model(never molded)

and BTS Medium springs (Blue)

Let me know,thx. Shoot me to carvingchanel (at) yahoo (dot) ca

Pixs ready

Cheers

Roy

• 2 weeks later...