Note to New Members ×

Vist Plate instuctional video

tilledog

Based on watching the video, my main question is:

How deep do you need to drill in the two holes at the center of the rail systems to get the minimum amount of purchase needed to lock the rails in?

Geo

It depends on the board you are using, Some boards are thicker some are thinner, At least three threads is the rule in ski mounting, some boards we have done allowed me to use a longer screw then 14 some shorter. Any good ski shop will have different bits and screws based on the thickness needed. If you are doing it at home i use a bit with tape to set the depth how i need it based on the board thickness. If you are not comfortable doing this your self any shop should drill the 2 holes for cheap.

It important to remember that the screw hold the rails from sliding on the deck, not upwards pull. They are more like pins then screws.

Awesome beta bordy, thnx.

Next question, what is the most popular plate binding that gets mounted with this system- will super stiff systems like the Cateks and TD's work well, or should something else be considered?

Geo

F2s seem to be the most popular binding on any plate when the plate was designed the riders were also using f2 bindings, we have demoed the vist to riders using TD2 and TD3 also I have seen the "race project" td3s used. I would not use TD1s, Cateks? We don't sell them for a reason I don't use them nor would I let them on our demo vist plate. Again my choice, you could ask Jeff.

Yo Boris:

No, I haven't bought a Vist plate system- YET....

I need to get a NSR board from somebody before I pull the trigger for a Vist system- that's why I'm asking all of these questions to ensure that I start looking for a suitable deck.

So, if any of you Lower Mainland snowboard playas know where I can get a used 172-175cm new school race deck for a good deal, lemme know.

Talk to Roy about his Prior 177 metal. It's still the radial sc, but the flex is bang-on for you. It should work with Vist like a dream. I think that you'll steal it for a song.

He's got the Kessler KST 162, too. He should be back from Holland on Wednesday...