Note to New Members ×

Virus WCR 80 & TD2 Bindings

ShortcutToMoncton

Willing to Sell Together or Separately:

Virus WCR Asking Price: (SOLD)

TD2 (not SI) Asking Price: (SOLD)

TD2: 3 degree cants, yellow pads, grade-A shape, used with 26 boot.

This board was sold to me on BOL last year. (There are some great pictures in that thread also.)

Length: 180cm

Waist: 18.5cm

Sidecut: Elliptical, approx. 13.5m

Effective Edge: 164cm

I rode this board for 5 (!) days last year; in total it got about 2.5 days of running time, as I usually switched to my BX setup in the afternoons.

As the original post says, the board is in excellent condition. I gave it a little dent on one of the sidewalls from an errant TD2 toe bail, and another in the middle of the topsheet near the tail from (you guessed it!) a ski pole belonging to a mildly out-of-control kid in the lineup. As well, some of the stuck-on "Custom Boards" letters fell off on my first time on the snow, which was annoying but of course completely irrelevant to how the board performs. Overall this board has the regular small nicks and scuffs that any lightly-used board will have, but I don't think they affect performance in the slightest.

I ripped it up on this board. Unfortunately moved from the Rockies to the East coast of Canada two years ago, and this deck simply needs a bit more room than the small hills I'm now riding can provide. I'm replacing it with a smaller, more east-coast-friendly board.

These pics are from last year; the board is currently in storage with a full coat of summer wax. I will pull it out and take some high-quality pics of it in the next couple days, but for the moment these should do to give you an idea.

Thanks

greg

3175005712_bda23b0069_o.jpg

Virus boards have a bit of a "hard and stiff" reputation I find, but I liked this WCR because it isn't too stiff. It has solid pop when you crank it, but I didn't find it unforgiving.

I'm a relatively athletic 5'10, 175 pounds, while the guy I bought it off was probably around 200 pounds (I think he says his height/weight in the first sale thread that I linked to above).

greg

I was looking at my photogallery where the photos from this board were stored online. I all of a sudden got 300 views since the beginning of Oct. So I thought, "the board is gone, I don't need the post on BOL anymore". So I deleted it. Not realizing that STM was selling the board and pointed to my previous post.

So, here is the direct link to my photosite if you want to see the pics.

WCR 80

D.:biggthump

what the tune on the board? when was the last grind? realistically how many days has this board seen in its lifetime? you don't think this is a good east coast board? too long or too much side cut? I'm interested due to my infection last year.

Tune is 1 base, 2 side; last tuned in February, so it could use another before the season of course. To my knowledge the board has not been ground.

I can't speak for how much it was used before I got it, but as I've said above - and as the pictures eaglez linked to show - the board was in almost-pristine condition when I received it, without any marks besides a couple topsheet scuffs from bindings/boots. It obviously wasn't used much. Like I said, I rode it for 5 separate days, but I always switched to my BX board in the afternoons; I would estimate I put about 2.5 total days of riding on it last winter.

"East coast board" depends on where you are on the east coast, and what hills you're riding. The side cut is variable - just over 13m - which means you have some flexibility to tighten it up or let it go. It's just that where I am in Nova Scotia the available hills are very, very small - think 450-600 feet of vert - and the trails have lots of narrow areas. I felt I just couldn't use it like I thought I should.

There are lots of great hills on the east coast of the US though, as well as in Quebec. I took it to Saddleback in Maine for a couple days last year and ripped it up. But I couldn't justify keeping it for that sort of once-a-year event; I needed something a little smaller and a little more versatile for what I'll mostly be riding.

Feel free to email me if you'd like to know something else....

greg

Should note that these were taken with my computer's camera, so they come out inverted. No, the Virus label isn't really stuck on backwards!

Some of these show the small marks on the topsheet and sidewalls. As you can see the base is in phenomenal shape.

Of course the white blobs on the sidewalls/nose/tail are wax from the rough summer coat.

4016517359_d8cfe4626e_o.jpg

4016517205_c8ec8a0717_o.jpg

4017281434_1d2c820185_o.jpg

4016516963_ac206807c9_o.jpg

4017281314_01b2dc0f46_o.jpg

4017281270_d8281be51f_o.jpg