Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows Reports 2009-2010

www.oldsnowboards.com

Time to think about your season passes if you don't already have them.

New website at www.skihood.com

Side note: Dan, one of our local carvers made the photo loop on this page, you may have to click refresh a half dozen times to see the photo. Photo credits I believe go to Michael Hildreth.

Looking for last years thread?

post-198-141842285383_thumb.png

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locals. I have two of my regular 4x4 pass deal partners that would like to join a group. So, if you want to join a group or have a group they can join. Please let me know.

Details here:$449 each

The Best Unlimited Adult Season Pass Deal on Mt. Hood! Every day, every lift access to the most exciting and diverse terrain in Oregon. Pays for itself in as little as 6 visits to the mountain. This is a special price offered to members in a group of 4, when purchased online by October 31, 2009. Each member can purchase his or her pass individually once the group is created by the organizer, but passes will not be issued until all four passes have been purchased. This offer is for Ages 23 to 64.

To be clear, I bought mine last spring, so I will not be a leader in a group this year.

The two folks I speak of a couple that I have ridden with for MANY years and are the best of folks. They would rather join a group that lead it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MHM sent my pass in the mail!! :1luvu: Gotta luv that!! No messing around.

I figure, if I can use the same photo for the next 10 years, I will look pretty good. Unfortunately , last years photo is pretty BAD!!!

Jim, did you get your group all done? Are the Foley's good to go?

Thanks, Bryan

Yes got my group ready but holding off till the 20th when the foleys are ready to pay. I have more people at work looking for groups if you know anyone ?

Snow coming our way soon !

Thanks Jim for making that happen.

Yes, snow possibly in the Gorge today??

• 2 weeks later...
New website at www.skihood.com

Like that life 360-video very much. Never seen before on a skiresort website. Thanks Bryan for pointing that.

Pretty cool huh? I think it would be REALLY cool if they did it with alpine snowboarders!!!

Make you want to come visit ???

Yes got my group ready but holding off till the 20th when the foleys are ready to pay. I have more people at work looking for groups if you know anyone ?

Snow coming our way soon !

Do I have to call anyone?? :boxing_sm:1luvu:

I might have one, close friend, last second sort of deal.

Are all your groups done Jim?

Looking for a reason to put a "Gathering" together :1luvu:

Time to catch up with old friends and introduce yourself to some new ones.

Maybe you know some folks on BOL that you would like to meet in person?

Maybe you are new to the Pacific Norhwest and you would like to find a riding buddy?

Maybe you just want to fondle the new Tanker 2010 SilverTanker?

Perhaps like me chatting it up with old and new friends while drinking good beer and Pizza is reason enough??

It would be really cool if we had a special guest? In the past we have been honored with the presence of the likes of Mike Jacoby, Mike Tinkler, Sandy Rose, Bob Jenney etc. Magic happens when you put these folks together, hint , hint!!!

Bryan

Looking for a reason to put a "Gathering" together :1luvu:

Time to catch up with old friends and introduce yourself to some new ones.

Maybe you know some folks on BOL that you would like to meet in person?

Maybe you are new to the Pacific Norhwest and you would like to find a riding buddy?

Maybe you just want to fondle the new Tanker 2010 SilverTanker?

Perhaps like me chatting it up with old and new friends while drinking good beer and Pizza is reason enough??

It would be really cool if we had a special guest? In the past we have been honored with the presence of the likes of Mike Jacoby, Mike Tinkler, Sandy Rose, Bob Jenney etc. Magic happens when you put these folks together, hint , hint!!!

Bryan

Sounds like a excellent idea Bryan! Count me in . Lets get it done soon!

Feeling poorly, but made it up for a couple hours.

Overall? Excellent early season conditions!! The main groomed runs looked really solid, very few signs of rocks, dirt etc. Some of the runs had big low spots and pretty wavy, but overall one of the best opening days I have seen.

Folks were early and kept filing in all day. Main parking lot full by 10am. Annex was being used then.

Fortunately they had Shooting Star open from the get go. Played there for a few before the swarms started to migrate over.

The Mt Hood Express was pretty crowded till I left at noon.

Got a few powder runs in and it was good to be on the mountain!!

Wish I could have gone up today but the cold has gotten the better of me.

Off to an excellent start.

post-198-141842290202_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842290205_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842290208_thumb.jpg

Nice snowy mountain there. Look at the snow in the trees. They barely can have it and the calendrial winter didn't even started yet.

Hi Hans, yes, here are a couple photos of the snow in the trees. Most of our base fell in about 48 hours. Happens quite often, the area is bare , then BOOM one big storm opens the areas. Timberline opened last week and Mt Bachelor is still hurting for snow. Mt Bachelor, Timberline and Meadows almost always open within a week of each other. This year Mt Bachelor drew the short straw on the opening.

post-198-14184229022_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842290222_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842290224_thumb.jpg

looked pretty good to me. except that liftline photo. yikes! Still wish I could have been there. Naturally, I'm envious again. Lookout Pass opens tomorrow though! but I'll be working.

Hey Ed, yep ,I was missing the toasted PNJ!! I only had to go through the MHM Express line twice. Worked it liked only we can!! :eplus2:

Definitely could have been on the Tanker. Flat light and wavyness kept me off an alpine board (not to mention the dill-rods in line stepping on a Tinkler!)

Early in line , then hit SS half dozen times, passed through the base, milked out Red (no line) and I was on my way out when they opened Daisey. So I made a couple more and called it a day.

Just spoke with the advise nurse, says I have the Flu. Probably not the H1N1 version.

Have a great first day dude!! Missin your dry whit and darkly clever comments!!

post-198-141842290231_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842290235_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842290238_thumb.jpg