Note to New Members ×

Where to find Burton SI equipment?

mnfusion

Yes I know that this is a carving site (which I do) and yes I know the SI binding system has been discontinued for years, but I am wondering if anyone knows of where there is a supply of SI equipment. I mean, thousand of boots and bindings were sold over a 5-6 year period, there has to be a place where surplus equipment ended up or where people are unloading their SI equipment.

While many hated the step in systems, I loved it. Here in the midwest where runs last 30 seconds, the convenience of step ins cannot be beat.

P.S. Anyone have any opinions on the Flow binding systems? I have read mixed reviews/opinions. I am looking for a boot/binding system for my GF and she WANTS step in equipment.

Burton SI stuff still comes up on ebay, often new. Set up a search for it.

I agree, that in the midwest, with 300' hills, a step in system still makes more sense for most people. I use the SI system and it works well for carving on free ride boards. I used to really like the Marker system, because you could casually clip in on the lift just before getting off, without appearing to so, to the liftie (Buck hill enforces no strapping in on the lift).

BobD

I picked up an unused pair of SI bindings off ebay last month for $25 after shipping, keep checking back. Good boots are tougher to come across but I passed on a pair of rental clearance boots at that time as they were free style, i.e. too soft. Keep searching, they pop up often. Big bang for the buck,:biggthump if you don't abuse them in hard park riding.

I just bought flows this season so I haven't had them on the snow yet. I'll do a comparison review in december.

They may end up for sale shortly after that. I try softies once or twice a decade to remind myself why I love the response of stepin plate systems. Raichle 123-4s rule in pow & still carve well going back to the lift so laces don't usually cut it for me.

Mrs. b0ardski loves the SI for teaching, especially one foot demos reg. or goofy.

ps We've got 6 pair SI, so I could be talked out of a set off a seldom used board if you need some.

I'm looking for a second pair of Burton Race Physics step ins. If I can't find a pair I'll sell mine and get TD3 step ins.

I am thinking you might want to delete this post and start your own on the "Wanted" thread? Unless I missed the connection to this thread? It would likely serve you both better?

P.S. Anyone have any opinions on the Flow binding systems? I have read mixed reviews/opinions. I am looking for a boot/binding system for my GF and she WANTS step in equipment.

I use flow bindings and got a set for Concussed(wifey). She instantly liked snowboarding better because of the ease (to her) of getting in without having to sit. Since she doesn't ride as much as many of us and less effort was a big deal to her. We even have KarverKai in a set of the tiny kids flows. He loves them and could easily get the highback up at 5yrs old last season.

Ink

I'm looking for a second pair of Burton Race Physics step ins. If I can't find a pair I'll sell mine and get TD3 step ins.

I have a pair of Burton Race Physics that I no longer use. They weren't the best at releasing and I managed to snap the cable completely once. I still have them at my condo in Vermont and will take pictures of them next time I'm up there - probably in 3 weeks.

I still use Burton Step ins on my softboot set up. At my age it sure beats sitting in the snow hooking up straps.