Note to New Members ×

New Deeluxe website

nils

Click the link, and then scroll down a little (you're still using that old CRT monitor? ;) ):

Snowboarding changes over and over again. Although, several tools remain the same without adapting. Alpine snowboarding changes right now, in a phase many people won`t believe in this discipline anymore. And that's exacly where it draws its power from, aiming at more movability, more community on to the actual spirit of snowboarding - Having fun on snow and the feeling of gliding along on a sense of weightlessness. Alpine boards are becoming shorter again even broader and less hard. The binding angle got flatter and see there - its fun again riding with hardboots. It's possible again to follow the joy of carving all day long really controling the board and not vice versa. Long, slim and extremelyhard boards are good but they need thighs like a tree trunk and ridiculous condition. It's a good advice for those having all that but the others should have fun riding a snowboard aswell. Deeluxe has set its goal to support all hardboot riders and developed a new setup for this reason. Several models in different grades of material hardness for various riders and styles. The track line is the result of a develeopment supporting the new riding culture. A new closing system takes into consideration racing sport demands as well as customer requests for functionality and user-friendliness.

So how much have you been paying them Nils? :boxing_sm

Boards have been becoming wider but more like 20cm average instead of 18cm and there are some wider boards like Swoard (+clones), a few Virus models and PureBoarding. That's still not much.

I don't care about the colors.. as long as they changed the liner a little and they can fit.. I have a pair of AF600 size 27 and they are amazing but they are getting old... tried a track 700 in every way last year same size but couldn't get the buckle to be tight enough on 3 out of the 4. The liner looks a little different so that is promising.

When Deeluxe came out with the white boots, 2 seasons ago I think, after the all red ones they changed the Thermo liners. They where lighter and thinner, terrible liners, the worst liner they'd had IMHO.

I could barely make it through one day with them. The white shells on the T700's are softer than previous models. I might have to upgrade to a race tongue this season, if I continue to flex the boot to much.

The only real improvement was the ski buckles.

I think this was the color progression for the 700's:

black 700

orange 700

red T-700

white T-700

red/white T-700

please add the years and correct me if I'm wrong

I don't care about the colors.. as long as they changed the liner a little and they can fit.. I have a pair of AF600 size 27 and they are amazing but they are getting old... tried a track 700 in every way last year same size but couldn't get the buckle to be tight enough on 3 out of the 4. The liner looks a little different so that is promising.

I have tried to go to newer boots several times. Sticking to my moto "Never sell your current favorite board/boot/ whatever until you have a confirmed new favorite board / boot / fill in blank here". In part I know it is because it takes me a while to get them dialed in, I just have not found anything I like better. Still riding some AF 600's With AF 700's as "Feeling Strong, Perfect Condition, Back Up Boots" in the truck at all times. 6 Pair of boots ready to rock at any given moment. I understand this in not practical for most married guys and students, but I strongely recommend having another pair of "Seasoned" boots ready to go at the mountain. Saving a good day, what is that worth?